SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB Valve Amp...What do you have?

Okay what is out there?

I am looking for an amp (Combo or Head & Cab) must be around 50W (or higher....'Volume is tone!' I cannot remember who said that but I heard it once and thought it was hilarious).

I prefer the sound of 6l6s so they would be preferable.

Must be at least 2 channels.

I have next week off so even though I live in the dark depths of Cornwall I have plenty of time to travel around etc. Would happily drive a few hundred miles for the right amp. (I have a generous budget)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I have an MJW ceriatone tweed bassman head and a 2 x 12" zilla can of you're interested?
  • preston61preston61 Frets: 690
    edited November 2013
    How generous is generous? I have a CDS2 redplate handmade custom amp. Message me if you're interested.

Oh and my Dr Z Maz 18 used to smoke a 40watt fender hotrod for volume :-)
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 12248
    horsehead said:
    I have an MJW ceriatone tweed bassman head and a 2 x 12" zilla can of you're interested?
    how much is it?
  •  

preston61 said:
    How generous is generous? I have a CDS2 redplate handmade custom amp. Message me if you're interested.

Oh and my Dr Z Maz 18 used to smoke a 40watt fender hotrod for volume :-)
    I have about 2.5k tops. I will check out those amps and get back to you

• bazxkrbazxkr Frets: 622
    That's a pretty hefty budget...
    For a ton of different sound options check out Engl Steve Morse Head with an Engl 4x12... you should be able to dial any sound you want out of that. Brand new you get alot of change out of £2.5k

Cheers
    Baz
  • bazxkr said:
    That's a pretty hefty budget...
    For a ton of different sound options check out Engl Steve Morse Head with an Engl 4x12... you should be able to dial any sound you want out of that. Brand new you get alot of change out of £2.5k

Cheers
    Baz
    I know, I am basically giving it one last shot in the arm. Trying to get out of an almost 1 year long rut. Getting rid of all my kit and starting from scratch. Plan is nice new shiny toys will make me want to play stuff. I hope it works!

As you have next week off I'd travel to a well stocked shop & park yourself in there for the day & play every damn thing they have til something floats your boat. Sounds like you need inspiration... sometimes you will just come across that sound in your head by trial and error & that's yr baby.
    I saw Morse play that Engl rig late last year & one of the best clarity sounds I ever heard out of a 'rock' amp

What about guitars.. you ditching them too for a complete fresh approach or just amps ?

Nice problem but with the budget you have can't see you not being able to find your holy grail. Good luck.

Cheers
    Baz
  • I have let go of 2 lps, 1 deluxe strat, 1 tele and am now down to Musicman only...really like them, just feel right so they are all staying at the moment.....

I have had my current rig for 15yrs ish maybe a little longer(with a few tweaks along the way) and I would like a smaller head/cab or Combo approach as compared to racks.

I have already worked out a travel plan and booked a couple of overnight stays. So the trip should be fun.

• At the moment the MkV and 550+ are doing it for me. Both Combo.

Wow, that's some clearout.... nice to see a fellow EBMM lover... which ones you playing... I have 2 Morse (orig & Y2D, Albert Lee SSS & 25th anni. They certainly are superb pcs but seem to get little love in UK 
    If you fancy a real change have you looked at the EBMM gamechanger.... plenty of tonal sound options with that setup to maybe freshen up & you will still have that gorgeous EBMM neck.

Cheers
    Baz
  • I have a Silo Special, Silo, JP7, JP6, JP6 Ltd Ed (signed by JP too) got to say I really like EBMM. I think I just need to try something different, so after years of lecturing, teaching & session work I am going to try to go and do a pub band. Haven't played 'live' for nearly 7 yrs..actually could be longer. I think this is where the lethargy comes from.

• stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7339
    I've got a Jet City 50 watt 2 channel head and either a matching 4x12 or 2x12 cab.

Its 6L6 and I was looking to trade it for something smaller as I'm not gigging at the moment and have other large amps.

I'm in Exeter.

• ToneControl;82267" said:
    horsehead said:

I have an MJW ceriatone tweed bassman head and a 2 x 12" zilla can of you're interested?

how much is it?
    Hmmm hadn't thought that far ahead! The head is as new and I had it on the old music radar site for £600 an the cab and speakers is worth about about £300, but it's had some use so call that £150, so £750 all in?
  • ParkerParker Frets: 961
    I have a vintage Orange OR120 70s head with or without a modern Orange 2x12. Recent revalve and certainly appreciating

Also have a Blackstar Artisan 15 combo also revalved with spare valves and cover

Feel free to PM me if it want pics or details

Cheers
  • vizviz Frets: 11025
    Eddie van halen said it. I got a steve vai legacy I - 2x12 combo
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • You had chance to look at the redplate mate? Can assure you that you will struggle to find a better amp in a compact form than the CDS2, especially if you're into classic fender sounds
  • koss59koss59 Frets: 887
    I'm selling a Two Rock Studio Pro plus 35 combo, works kind of like a 2 channel amp with the foot switchable expansion 
    Facebook.com/nashvillesounduk/