Mesa Boogie MK V - Will It Get These Kingsnake 'Clipped Cleans' ?

2»

Comments

• WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 10087
    Nerine said:
    Also, having watched the video now, and having owned a MkV, I don't believe the sound in the video can be approximated that closely with one.

There's too much going on inside a MkV to get really open, chimey, expansive tones. The circuit in the King Snake is much simpler and more direct. I think that makes a massive difference.

@Nerine - excellent mate ! First time ive heard anyone comment on the compariosn between the two... Very close to ordering a King Snake; just cant get to try one in the flesh . You played one ?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NerineNerine Frets: 2482
    I've never played through a King Snake, no.
    I found the MkV to be a bit of a congested sounding amp to be honest. I don't remember it being as open sound and as apparently touch sensitive as the vid in the OP.

However, there is a good video with Doug West demoing the MkV and he runs through a lot of different sounds.
    It's reasonably lengthy too. May be worth checking out to see if any of the tones there take your fancy.
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 10087
    I did try the MK V twice... I'm sure that there are sounds in there.. it just took me too long to get to em !
  • That sounds great...first time ive heard a Mesa I've liked!