Honour guard at mates wedding on our chops 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Flipping photo postings playing me up

• GL650 silverwing (a big CX) on Dartmoor 

• Yamaha maxim 700 us import 20 valves inline 4 
  • Kawasaki z750 LTD , written off by a Sierra pulling out in front of me without looking 
      It was weird ,was only wearing a thin cut bare arms but never came off, the bike stayed upright 
     embedded in his door ,was only going 25 or 30 ,shame it was a beauty 

• It’s a GS 550 engine was bombproof but frame etc was flawed but had great fun cruising round with exchange students on the back in summer , friend import Gs 750 beside it 
  • Friends chop on the right was a z400 I think , frame was cool ,it looked like a hard tail but the shocks were cleverly hidden , we were on a ride out one day and it seized ,he’d let the oil run right down 

• StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5852
    edited September 2021
      These are mine, you don't see either very often 
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16612
    Friends chop on the right was a z400 I think , frame was cool ,it looked like a hard tail but the shocks were cleverly hidden , we were on a ride out one day and it seized ,he’d let the oil run right down 

Born to be Wild
  • AK99AK99 Frets: 1728
    Friends chop on the right was a z400 I think , frame was cool ,it looked like a hard tail but the shocks were cleverly hidden , we were on a ride out one day and it seized ,he’d let the oil run right down 

That machine on the right looks like a four - must be something bigger than the little Z400 twin ?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • HaychHaych Frets: 6159
    Haych said:
    Seeing as some of us have had a meh year, I reckon somebody ought to suggest a moto-fretboarder's meet up somewhere.

Who's gonna float the idea?  

Whoever suggests it I think I might be up for that.
    Bloody great idea, I’m in!

Now, where’s everyone based? I’m E.Devon but more than happy to travel
    @guitargeek62 South East Wales for me.  I know, somebody has to live here, though.

There is no 'H' in Aych, you know that don't you? ~ Wife

Turns out there is an H in Haych! ~ Sporky

Bit of trading feedback here.

•   These are mine, you don't see either very often 
    Oooh I live super dreams had a few , the 400n is cool ,love the blue color too 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I must have got mixed up, think that might have gone in after , not sure what’s in it ,could it be a 400/four ,they were popular at the time 
    AK99 said:

That machine on the right looks like a four - must be something bigger than the little Z400 twin ?

• Haych said:
    Haych said:
    Seeing as some of us have had a meh year, I reckon somebody ought to suggest a moto-fretboarder's meet up somewhere.

@guitargeek62 South East Wales for me.  I know, somebody has to live here, though.
    Ooh, not too far at all then for an evening/weekend rideout! You’ve got some stunning roads and scenery around there - nothing to be ashamed of! :mrgreen:

I was up in Brecon & Carmarthen last month for a RallyMoto Wales500 event, that was bloody great fun although I came back seriously stiff and sore in all the wrong ways! My bike took a bit of a beating too, but one of the crash bars took the brunt of it like I’d hoped. All that aside, I cannot wait to do another one :)

https://www.instagram.com/p/CR_kmoyI-em/

• PC_DavePC_Dave Frets: 3434
    Haych said:
    Haych said:

Ooh, not too far at all then for an evening/weekend rideout! You’ve got some stunning roads and scenery around there - nothing to be ashamed of! :mrgreen:

I was up in Brecon & Carmarthen last month for a RallyMoto Wales500 event, that was bloody great fun although I came back seriously stiff and sore in all the wrong ways! My bike took a bit of a beating too, but one of the crash bars took the brunt of it like I’d hoped. All that aside, I cannot wait to do another one :)

https://www.instagram.com/p/CR_kmoyI-em/

I'm in North Devon so not a million miles away from you chaps!
    This week's procrastination forum might be moved to sometime next week.
  • AK99AK99 Frets: 1728
    edited September 2021
    I must have got mixed up, think that might have gone in after , not sure what’s in it ,could it be a 400/four ,they were popular at the time 
    Could well be a little 400/4. Hard to tell from the pic, but from the spacing on the pipes, looks like a fairly small capacity four alright.

Had two of the little 400/4s myself back in the day
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16612
    Anybody going to the Copdock Classic ?
  • gavin_axecastergavin_axecaster Frets: 528
    edited July 2022 tFB Trader
    I'm surprised there are no posts from this summer - is no-one riding this year?
    Or is there another thread I missed?

I finally chopped in my 2003 Firestorm. Had it from new but I'm now too old and creaky for the riding position.
    I was interested in the Ducati Desert Sled, but £10k + is not something I can justify for what is essentially a toy.
    Then I thought long and hard about an SV650. I love V-twins and it's really the only one out there.
    However, the Yamaha XSR700 popped up on my radar. 270degree crank twin, so very similar characteristics to a v-twin.
    The styling is a bit marmite but there are some option for modifications.
    2 test rides and I was sold.
    I picked up a 2021 model with 0 miles and 18 months remainder of Yamaha warranty for £1500 under the price of a 2022 model.
    Result.
    Before the first ride at 7.30 yesterday morning.
    Before the second ride yesterday afternoon - single seat replacement and passenger pegs/hangers removed.

The engine is plenty torquey and powerful enough for the riding I'll be doing. It's a little strange having to learn to ride all over again - the Firestorm is the only bike I've ridden in 18+ years, so getting used to the sit up and beg riding position on the XSR will take a few miles.
    I had some lower handlebars fitted by the dealer before delivery - the stock bars had about 4 inch rise and 2 in pull back. The bars I replaced them with (2020 XSR900) are bout 2 inch rise and 2 inch pull back. Gives me a slightly more aggressive riding position with a bit more weight over the front wheel.

Planned mods:
    Change colour of centre panel and front mudguard (entirely too red)
    Relocate speedo up and forward.
    Loud horn.
    Loud pipe!
    Tidy up the rear end with a smaller fender eliminator and swap out the fugly round tail light.
    Black out the front end with gaiters and upper fork covers.
    Possibly switch out all the lights for LED.
    Suspension upgrade over the winter.
    Possibly send the solo seat out for a gel insert and re-shape/cover. My arse was killing me after only 90 minutes yesterday afternoon!

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4374
    Congrats @gavin_axecaster - I had one of those as my first ‘big’ bike post-test, until it got nicked 9 months later! They’re great engines, and fun rides for sure.  RE the seat: I rode it round Europe for a couple of weeks on the stock seat without any issues - you’ll get used to it :mrgreen: 

I swapped my Scrambler 1200 in for a Speed Twin about six weeks back, that’s been a nice change of pace. The Scrambler was brilliant, but the exhaust was starting to get to my right leg - it pushes it out slightly and I’d been developing a bit of a hip issue as a result. No such problems with the Speed Twin though, and it’s a dream to ride - ‘smooth’ sums it up perfectly tbh!