SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Matchless HC30 head, Sampson era + ESD 2x12 cab - SOLD

What's Hot
Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3526
edited January 2017 in Amps £
Hello, 

I'm selling my Matchless HC30 non-reverb head and the matching (and rare!) ESD 85 cab. The head is the split input version from the Sampson era *edit - this appears to be from December 1994 if we use the transformer date codes* - (not that it makes any difference to quality!), complete with amazingly flimsy looking original plexiglass handle. The cab is an ESD, also Sampson era, one of only around 100 made to match with the seldom seen HC85. As such it has either two V30s or two CL80s, we're not quite sure and neither are Matchless, and is a bit deeper than a regular ESD212. The head comes with a custom-made padded soft cover, and I also have a semi-flight case for the head that may also be available.

What can be said about these? It sounds great, is built like a tank, and lights up. The cab sounds amazing. these amps justify their hype and they're fairly hard to come by.

I'm asking £2650 for this. Edit: £2300 for head and cab.Edit - would take £2150 for the head and cab, plus 20 quid for the cover or £40 for the flight case. SOLD

I'm not after trades unless you happen to have a Probett Rocket III or a black 2 pickup / big guard SG custom, or a LazyJ J20, or maybe a small / medium body acoustic.

Local collection only from the Edinburgh area. 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments