SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Mesa Transatlantic SOLD

What's Hot
Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3421
edited July 2016 in Amps £
SOLD

Mesa TA-15 for sale.  UPDATED PICS BELOW

Bought in the states a few years ago in excellent condition. Specs below £375

All-metal chassis - Black crinkle & platinum pearl powder
Ultra Compact, Portable Design with Massive Tone & Amazing New Styling
12 3/8"W x 6 3/4"D x 5 7/8" H
Weighs Only 12 Pounds!
Multi-Watt, Channel Assignable Power Amp (Patent 7,602,927) featuring Duo-Class (Patent 7,173,488) and Dyna-Watt (Patent 4,713,624) technologies providing three power and operating class options that are channel assignable via independent 5/15/25 Watt Power Switches
Choose 1 power tube operating in pure Class A Single-Ended, producing 5 Watts - 2 tubes operating in pure Class A Push-Pull, producing 15 Watts or 2 tubes operating in Mesa's Patented Dyna-
Watt Power that maximizes the power and punch of time-honored Class A/B power / 2xEL-84 & 4x12AX7 Fixed Bias for consistent, maintenance free performance
2 Fully Independent Channels with 5 Style Modes - Channel 1 features Normal (Brit Clean) or Top Boost Modes with Multi-Watt Power Switch (5/15/25 Watt), Volume (gain), Treble, Bass, Cut w/Pull Master - Channel 2 features Tweed, Hi 1 (Brit Gain) & Hi 2 (Fat Gain) Modes with Multi-Watt Power Switch (5/15/25 Watt), Gain, Treble, Bass & Master

Uploaded with Imgupr

Uploaded with Imgupr

Guitarist Review
http://www.musicradar.com/reviews/guitars/mesa-boogie-transatlantic-ta-15-255560

Guitarist Video

The footswitch is included and because this amp was bought in the states it's a 110v model so comes with the step down transformer I've used with it. It didn't come with the carrybag when I bought it but I have priced this accordingly.

£375 collected I live near Northampton. I can deliver/meet someone between London and Leeds. I'm not willing to post this so please don't ask.

Zilla cab in the pics is not for sale.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3421
    El bumpo
    edited June 2016
  • Don't suppose you would be interested in a 2015 gibson lpj?
    No thanks im selling to fund a Victory V40
    edited June 2016
  • Wow! how awesome is this haha. on clean, do I have enough headroom for country if cranked a bit? This could be me.
    bermudianbrit;901312" said:
    Wow! how awesome is this haha. on clean, do I have enough headroom for country if cranked a bit? This could be me.
    @bermudianbrit it's a very loud amp for 25 watts. I've easily kept up with every drummer I've played with.
  • Hi

What I'm getting at is, if I crank up the clean channel, will it stay very clean. I play chicken pickin and things and need a nice clean platform for that
  • Also, could I interest you in a cornford Roadhouse. Cornford were Victory before they rebranded and the roadhouse is a crunch machine lol.
    The normal setting on channel one needs to be up VERY high before it will start to breakup. I use it when I need a purely clean tone.

I had a roadhouse before and they're not my cup of tea.
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    I've played through this amp using a les paul, a Tele and a prs and its sounds awesome.
    Whatever sound I went looking for it gave me with stunning clarity, clean or otherwise.
    I played a Rivera amp for the first time earlier this year and this is one of the few since that have been right up there with that one.

For £400 its ridiculous value for money and its in mint condition.

GLWTS Man.
    edited July 2016
    I've bought a new amp so this is back up for sale @£375 collected. I can potentially deliver/meet someone between London and Leeds (my work area).
  • LoobsLoobs Frets: 3897
    How much headroom does this have? 
    The normal channel and tweed channels on 25 watts are very high headroom. I usually run it on 5 watts in the house and 15 if I'm playing with a drummer because I like a bit of breakup and compression from the amp. If you want it really clean then 25 works grand.
  • kramereekrameree Frets: 101
    I'm off to the USA in July and have lined one of these up at a great price $519 total..such a bargain and great amp also easy to get past customs without charges!!! If I didn't have my USA deal pending I would jump on this!!! They sound excellent!!!!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Le sigh after endless time wasting tyre kickers on gumtree I'll let this go for £375 collected from Northampton area or delivered between London and Leeds - if you live near one of the stores on my area.  

I wont drop beneath this price so please don't ask I'd rather keep it.  I might consider trades not after anything specific so let me know what you have.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EvildurkaEvildurka Frets: 351
    Holy shit balls that is a crazy price this should be gone in no time!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    You'd think that.  
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 8077
    Its the stepdown transformer that might explain some reticence, it reduces the portability "somewhat". Cool amp.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom