Using digital sheet music - portable monitor?

thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9699
edited July 2020 in Making Music
Anybody know of any good ways to play from digital sheet music? I play piano and have shed loads of sheet music, I also have quite a lot of music on PDF but I've never managed to find a good way of playing from them as ereaders and tablets aren't big enough (a4 sized).

Anybody got any good suggestions or is it just a case of waiting for an a4 ereader when they eventually happen?
Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33783
    iPad Pro must be pretty close.
    Expensive though.

• These are very expensive but you have to scroll down and see the video to get the whole picture.  I wish I had one 12 years ago when I was doing pit orchestra work at live plays.  http://www.musicreader.net/  

“Theory is something that is written down after the music has been made so we can explain it to others”– Levi Clay

• JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6386
    iGigBook is good for sorting PDFs and making playlists.
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • Thanks guys but it's more a device that I can use than the software, the software bit would be easy :)
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6386
    Then it's the iPad/iPadPro
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9699
    edited January 2016
    Yeah I know about the pro but was hoping there was something else as it's pricey and in not an Apple fan :) but seems it's just them that so them at the mo. Normal iPad isn't big enough for sheet music
  • Take a look at some of the Windows tablets; for example, Lenovo do a 13" Yoga tablet if I remember rightly. These will be about the same size as an iPad Pro but about 1/2 to 2/3rds the cost and more functional in my experience. I use an Acer T100 transformer running Windows 10 as my backup laptop / something nice and portable to use on the train. It's a bit small for what you're looking to do but Windows 10 definitely works well in tablet form factor.
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9699
    Necro bumping my post back from the dead

Been wanting to play a lot more piano lately so got thinking of this again but rather than start anew thread from scratch thought I'd join in on the end of this one.

So, portable monitors seem to be a thing, around 15.6" screen at 16:9 ratio seems the closest to a4 size, there's loads on Amazon but at the cheaper end of things very little reviews and I've been stung buying stuff like cheap tablets from there before. Buy cheap buy twice kind of thing.

Any recommendations for decent screens for PDF viewing at a fairly close distance? Ie, at piano playing distance from the music stand on the piano?