Who fancies a go at making me a resoglass guitar? I are has a kit

Hello you crazy cats

I bought myself a resoglass guitar kit from America as I was making a diy (wood) SG with what I thought was reasonable progress, but I've been messing a few things up with it so am a little scared to tackle the Resoglass one in case I screw that up and waste a fair bit more money!

So I wondered if anybody here fancied building it for me, and how much they would charge for it? Thought it might be a relatively interesting project for you guitar builder types.

I'm in Birmingham, I have all the parts etc but am a bit wary of posting it even though it made it here from America, as I don't have the box in tact now and I just get a bit wary. 

Anybody local ish (travelling is ok up to a point) fancy doing it?

Thanks
Matt
I'm scared and I'm waiting for life
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• WezVWezV Frets: 17462
    I am tempted. I have been eyeing up these kits for a while
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 10363
    I think it may have been you @wezv who alerted me to their existence! I know you're not to far away either so have a think whether you'd like to give it a go, no pressure :) cheers dude
  • Well I don't want to build yours but I do want to build my own! How cool are they?

I want a red one. Oh shit...
    They are pretty cool, mine is white but I seem to have potentially bought the last one as they've now vanished from the site! I was also tempted by the Map/Newport shape in white but I find that kind of rounded shape less comfortable to hold so played it safe with the Jetson style. It's very light but I guess the wood that goes inside will weigh it down a bit more.

I was very tempted by a red one too but I'm already too big a White Stripes fan boy as it is without being so obvious with a red Airline!

I paid about £80 in import duty and tax on top though by the way
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    That is one cool looking guitar, now I want one too :D
  • FatfingersFatfingers Frets: 501
    edited January 2016
    I now want a Seafoam Green Deco similar to this one.

http://www.mainstreetvintageco.com/catalog/item/4827275/7340867.htm

The only kit they do with this body is white though, which seems a bit odd. I've emailed them to ask whether they'll do a kit with the green body.

Thanks for the heads up on import duty. It's reminded me that I don't actually have any spare cash at the moment...
    You could buy the body by itself
    http://www.guitarkitsusa.com/m7/1ANEWSF--newport-res-o-glas-wlt-semi-hollow-fiberglass-guitar-body-seafoam-green.html

Then get the neck and pickups from Eastwood guitars?
    http://eastwoodguitars.co.uk/pickups/ and email them for the necks as they do sell them

That's of they won't just bundle stuff up in a kit for you of course
  • I had a look at Eastwood but they don't list the parts, so it's good to hear that they do sell them.
    edited January 2016
    Yes the chap there is a top fella, very helpful. The Eastwood guitars are nice guitars in their own right though I must say, wood not plastic but lovely sounding things and they do all manner of shapes and colours. I had a 3p deluxe with the humbuckers, a bigsby and more knobs and switches than you could ever dream of
  • Great - I'll give him a shout. It's my birthday in March so I need to get a present organised.
  • If you haven't been able to sort something out, between me and my friend Sam North we may be able to help. I'm in Birmingham.
    Check the video of  a glassfibre "Reso-Glas" style guitar made in the UK.

• Cheers. It wouldn't be a bad basis for a Res-O-Glass kit.