Looking for a cheap strat - Update!

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• gilbygilby Frets: 176
    paulk;97029" said:
    gilby said:

What he said. The Blade is a steal at that money.

Hmmm. I know absolutely zilch about these. What makes them good?
    Well constructed, easy players. The one up for sale here is going for silly money know, especially as it's loaded with dimarzios. I honestly don't think that for the money he's letting it go for there's anything better available. There's nothing on this you'd want to upgrade.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • paulkpaulk Frets: 319
    Well folks, I ended up with this (excuse shitty pic quality, will post better ones if you want):

It's, as you can probably see, a Squier CV 60's. I managed to get into a shop today and spent about 2.5 hours trying a bunch of things in an almost empty shop. Great fun! This is what brought me back again and again - felt good, sounded good and the price was in the ballpark so I went for it. It was a toss up between this and a white 50's CV with the gold anodised guard, but this one just sounded that little but better to me. Quick set-up and string change at home and it's good to go. Mission accomplished.

Funnily enough I was distinctly underwhelmed by the 3 Squier VM strats I tried. All just felt cheap and the bridges were seriously out of whack. They also sounded very average to me. Disappointing as I really had been looking forward to playing these.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 4153
    My favourite colour strat. Nice one.
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 11855
    tFB Trader
    That's GORGEOUS!!!!!!
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

• Really want
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2460
    Very nice indeed :) I like blue strats a lot. Most colours look at least decent on a strat, but blue is up there with my favourites.
  • paulkpaulk Frets: 319
    So I gigged it last night in a racous local club and used it for a good 80% of the set. It did absolutely everything I needed it to do without any glitches, hitches or worries. I'm definitely pleased at how it sounds within the band. The only mod I've made is to stick a couple of extra springs on the tremolo block. Other than that, it's staying as is until bits fall off.
    A couple of better pics that show the colour more nicely I think.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Lovely! I had the 50s one in that colour but it didn't look right with the non-tinted neck they use so I moved it along. :( The matching headstock really sets it off on yours B-)
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2460
    Sweet :D