SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: Faith Mercury High Gloss Electro

The23rdmanThe23rdman Frets: 101
edited December 2013 in Guitars £
I love this guitar, but after a few months playing I've accepted that it doesn't suit my fingerpicking style (ham-fisted) and 
therefore I need a neck with a wider nut. 

If you're looking at this you, no doubt, know the quality of the guitar: Englemann Spruce top, Indian Rosewood back and 
sides (all solid), ebony fretboard and grover tuners. This is the electro version so comes with the Shadow pickup too. 

Tonally, this guitar is RICH, warm and bright depending on how you attack it. I tried the mahogany back and sides versions 
when I bought this, but once I'd played this with the rosewood there was no other option. Rosewood as a tonewood just 
adds complexity and depth to the tone.  It's perfect for blues and folk and makes a great slide guitar too. Unlike many old 
parlour's this has a large lower bout and a lot of depth to the body, which both go to prevent it being boomy and boxy. 
I am primarily a fingerpicker and if I could grow proper nails I'd probably keep it, but my stubby fingers and a 43mm nut 
don't go - although I accept it's my technique that's at fault. 

It comes with the original Faith case (which has a few battle scars from transit) and a lot of love from me. 

The guitar has one small mark on the soundboard, but even that is only visible in the right light. 

Currently on Andertons site at £611. 

I am looking for £450 ono

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments