Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Tele neck pickup suggestions?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Humbucker is good, I had a T-top in my US and it was glorious (500k pot required).  Also Mojo's WR is interesting - not as full as the T-Top, airy, touch of edge. Got a set of Vintage Lollars (s-c) in my Ash, not too twangy (not twangy enough maybe, going to swap out the rw neck for a maple). Tempted to put a Mojo Gold Foil in my current thinline project.
    "Nobody needs more than 20 strats." Mike Landau
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 10067
    edited December 2013
    HAL9000 said:
    Who, with a Tele, uses the neck pickuop anyway?
    Anna Calvi.
    NIce. However, I'm an old rocker who still thinks of Wilko Johnson as the pinnacle of sophistication  ;)

(and who's just realised he was an abject failure when it came to misspelling pickup in my earlier post!)
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6374
    HAL9000 said:
    Who, with a Tele, uses the neck pickuop anyway?
    Pretty much exclusively. A Tele on the neck pup is the best sound I know (especially with Alnico 3s)
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
  • rossirossi Frets: 1736
    I use a Custom Shop Texas Special neck with a Tonerider Hot Classic  bridge .Really good combo .
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28389
    Adam_MD said:
    I do. Though admittedly I went through a lot before I found one I liked. The set I'm using these days was wound by Mojoguitarsandpickups.co.uk

He doesn't list tele pickups on the site but winds them as a special order. I think it was about £90 for the pair. I wanted a tele neck that was as strat like as possible but still looked like a tele pickup with cover. The bridge is wound to Broadcaster specs. Mo's a nice guy and very easy to deal with.
    @Adam_MD That sounds really interesting, I like the idea of a stratty neck pup that looks tele-like. How successful was it? Got any sound clips?
  • Another vote for Twisted tele - main reason why I went for baja instead of AmStd (that, and broadcaster of course). V.good pickup, very "stratty" sounding - it puts off some of the purists though.
  • Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3421

@Adam_MD That sounds really interesting, I like the idea of a stratty neck pup that looks tele-like. How successful was it? Got any sound clips?[/quote]

Not at the minute I had done some recording with it but lost a lot of tracks due to harddrive failure and being lazy with backups. I'll try and do a few basic ones at the weekend and stick them up for you.
    I have one of Ash's triple blues in a strat at the minute and admittedly it wouldn't fool you playing them side by side but it's very clear and sounds wonderful clean or with plenty of gain. It basically solved all the problems I traditionally had with tele neck pickups.

@DrBob for review ;)