Did I strike Gold?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• ForgeForge Frets: 431
    edited May 2014

The reissue is easy to spot with a master volume on the right hand side (got one of these). An original non master will have a bit of a volume jump but is still very manageable.

Basically you can use it as a boost, OD and fuzz - it covers all this depending where you set the gain - very comparable to the Screwdriver or Black Forest pedals.

Congratulations on a cool pedal!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7401
    juansolo said:.
    Hey @juansolo - you are dangerously looking like Rod Clappers what with that there avatar an alll!
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12766
    These are superb to use as a booster stacked with a FuzzFace type fuzz box. A lot of Gilmour's classic tones were achieved in that way - Dark Side of the Moon etc. The Overdriver is the same circuit as the PowerBooster...

It *is* a wonderful pedal if you understand how to use it - its a booster (an "Overdriver" - ie it overdrives an input, not gives an overdrive sound). Stick one in front of an already cooking amp and it will boost it into saturation.

The upper end of the drive control isn't a very pleasant fuzz to be honest - its quite an abrupt fuzz that doesn't have the rasp, spit or fizz of the one knob fuzz etc.

Good score - I wish I hadn't parted with mine. I have a clone but it doesn't look as ace as the original!! :-)
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.