Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

I've never had a hangover

What's Hot
axisusaxisus Frets: 28389
50 years old and never had one. I feel I've missed out!

I never followed the crowd at school age and through late teens. My parents drank wine and I thought that alcohol smelt disgusting so I avoided it. Went to uni and spent a week trying to fit in, had lager a few times and hated it so I gave up. That was it for alcohol.

I think I suffered in chatting up girls as I had no dutch courage. On the plus side, must be plenty of money saved over my lifetime!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 34308
    Challenge accepted!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3871
    I accepted that challenge over 25 years ago. I've rarely won.
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    We can redefine 'winning'.
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3871
    I accept your definition. Ah, gin.....

@axisus yes you will have saved fortunes. My 5 yr old son has started eyeing the ladies, I've advised if he ever wants that Ferrari to cease doing so. Similar principle.
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8563
    That's pretty impressive. I have had hangovers, but never terrible ones because I have an irrational fear of being sick, so I've never drunk enough to do that.
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 18305
    tFB Trader
    You aren't missing much. 

I haven't had a hangover in years. I likes the booze, but I know my limits and I don't see the point of drinking until I feel sick.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I've only ever been drunk once........................For the last 25 years  8-}
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
  • I very very rarely drink these days as even with a few drinks i can end up with the most vile hangovers.
    Its got progressively worse as i got older.
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22446
    I've never had a rimjob.
  • johnnyurqjohnnyurq Frets: 1368
    I had a friend who never got hangovers and he was told by his GP it wasn't a good thing. Something about it meaning his body wasn't dealing with the toxins properly.

Not too sure if the GP was full of shit or not and it was a good few years ago.
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

You're welcome to some of the hangovers I've had.

A day (or 2 if you did the job properly) of feeling like shite and being about as much use as a catflap on a submarine.........

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

Drew_fx said:
    I've never had a rimjob.

But you've given plenty.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JAYJOJAYJO Frets: 1542
    If i have a hangover i cant play guitar
    If im pissed i cant play guitar.
    But if im sober?  I still cant play guitar. 
    Sod it might as well get pissed.
    But i cant stand having a hangover,
    But i cant stand being sober when everyone else is pissed
    I hate hangovers they cost me at least 2 days of my life and i still do it. 

• You aren't missing much. 

I haven't had a hangover in years. I likes the booze, but I know my limits and I don't see the point of drinking until I feel sick.
    This. Three of my band love nothing more than going out and getting blind drunk...myself and the drummer would rather stay in, put the coffee on and fire up the music making apparatus.
    <space for hire>
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3646
    I've only ever been drunk once........................For the last 25 years  8-}
    Are you @chillidog sock puppet.

• ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3646
    As a yoof I lived in a village so because of gigging I mostly drove = no hangovers.

Then in my mid 20s I got serious and could drink mid week like a fish with no hangovers.

Then I eased up in my late 30s and by the early 40s hangovers started and developed.

These days I rarely drink to excess and probably am well within the suggested guidelines for 21 weekly units. = No hangover.

I like the two or three hours of getting/being pleasantly drunk but the financial costs are frightening over a protracted period and the recovery phase takes a day out of my dwindling life.

ESBlonde said:
    As a yoof I lived in a village so because of gigging I mostly drove = no hangovers.

Then in my mid 20s I got serious and could drink mid week like a fish with no hangovers.

Then I eased up in my late 30s and by the early 40s hangovers started and developed.

These days I rarely drink to excess and probably am well within the suggested guidelines for 21 weekly units. = No hangover.

I like the two or three hours of getting/being pleasantly drunk but the financial costs are frightening over a protracted period and the recovery phase takes a day out of my dwindling life.

This is pretty much how it works for me.
    I can't have more than 2-3 pints without getting a hangover.
    2 whiskies gives me a head-rotter- even the really good stuff.

White wine doesn't give me much of a headache though.

I drink maximum 2 days a week now- usually Friday/Saturday night and only a couple.
  • I try not to get them but failing miserably today.
    Use Your Brian
  • Drew_fx said:
    I've never had a rimjob.
    You just need to stop politely hinting you want… tell him straight! :-)
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    octatonic said:
    I drink maximum 2 days a week now- usually Friday/Saturday night and only a couple.
    I ony drink one day a week at most these days. I also only eat "junk food" one day a week. Both usually saturday evening, unless I'm going out on  an alternative evening.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21)