Floods...

LongtallronnieLongtallronnie Frets: 1222
edited December 2013 in Off Topic
Working away from home on the Isle of Wight atm, looks like I'll be coming home to a flooded house. :( Thankfully my daughter is at my parent's and the missus has agreed to stay at her sister's.  
To everyone affected, be safe. Xxx
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    Not good, I hope it gets sorted sharpish.
    My V key is broken
  • damn that sucks hope it turns out not as bad as you are probably imagining it, its horrible when you are in a situation you cannot do nothing about..  where is it East Coast?
  • Spoke to my wife last night and she said house was ok at that point. Next high tide for us is around 2pm (Harwich, Essex). Should be back by then, traffic etc permitting. 

• chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17140
    edited December 2013
    Sorry to hear that, Ronnie. Wind easing, I don't reckon it'll be as bad today.

• MickMick Frets: 98
    Working away from home on the Isle of Wight atm, looks like I'll be coming home to a flooded house. :( Thankfully my daughter is at my parent's and the missus has agreed to stay at her sister's.  
    To everyone affected, be safe. Xxx
    I'm just down the road from you in Manningtree. They evacuated several people last night to be on the safe side, but nothing happened,  You should be OK (Fingers crossed)
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13587
     I don't reckon it'll be as bad today.
     its the tide that's going to be the issue,  according t' Sky news............
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3646
    '@longtallronnie
    The worst of it has happened here in East Anglia according to the experts, but another high tide today might find weaknesses in the sea walls as a result of last nights surge. Levels today expected to be about a metre lower. Harwich has not made the news I've seen although Clacton and Jaywick are featured.

• best wishes @longtallronnie. my waste & recycling bins got blown over and the back gate was left swinging on its hinges.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17140
    I'm just looking out of the window to see I have to move my car off the harbour wall. The sea came over it last night and was about a foot deep. But there's another hour to go, and it's slowing, so I don't reckon it'll be as high this time around.

• Sorry I haven't replied for a while, was travelling back yesterday then had to put the house back in order. Everything was ok in the end but my brother in law had kindly moved a load of stuff upstairs so my guitars were safe!
    The water came over our pier at work and flooded a couple of workshops but overall it wasn't too bad. 
  • Good news LTR.