SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Clearout - Pickups, Scratchplates, Bridges, Saddles, Strings, Tailpiece. MUCH CHEAPNESS!

What's Hot
victorludorumvictorludorum Frets: 1164
edited February 2016 in Parts £
The pics (if they work) are small, but so are the prices. I can't post these until the 24th in case anyone's in a desperate rush.

10.3mm wide modern looking steel Strat saddles - From Axes R Us. Stick a couple of quid in a charity box and they're yours. GONE

www.victorludorum.org/steelsaddles.JPG

American Standard sized brass saddles - I bought these from a guy in the US and wasn't happy with the finish of them, so he sent me a new set which are perfect. These aren't perfect, but they're still a very good upgrade for those who aren't anal about the finer details. Put a couple of quid in a charity box and they're yours for free. GONE

www.victorludorum.org/saddles1.JPG
www.victorludorum.org/saddles2.JPG

Bastardised Squier John 5 bridge plate and saddles - I cut the cheapo humbucker plate and just used the bottom third of it like a normal hardtail plate. I sanded it back to steel too. The saddles are sanded and are brass, although I couldn't get inside them, so they're still chromed where the string passes through. Only 4 springs, but the rest is intact. Put a couple of quid in a charity box and it's yours.

www.victorludorum.org/plateandsaddles.JPG

Dearmond/Guild tailpiece - Taken from a cheapo Dearmond. Funky looking, but not my cup of tea. Stick a couple of quid in a charity box and you can have it for free. GONE

www.victorludorum.org/tailpiece.JPG

Rotosound Black Nylon bass strings - These are for a short-scale bass. I put them on for a very short time and then replaced them with normal flatwounds. The E string was just a little too short for my bass; Rotosound sent another one, but it was exactly the same. That string is included aswell, so there are 5! Stick a couple of quid in a charity box and you can have them for free. GONE

www.victorludorum.org/strings.JPG

Epiphone acoustic scratchplate - thin tortoise shell plastic with 'E' logo (separate). Free to whoever can use it.

www.victorludorum.org/epiplate.JPG

Telecaster scratchplate - From a Squier j5. Chromed something with a humbucker cutout at the neck. Still has plastic film on it. A few pounds in a charity box and it's yours. GONE

www.victorludorum.org/teleplate.JPG

Single-coil sized rails humbucker - Bought from Axes R Us and virtually unused. Vintage voiced and no longer available from them I think. 12.5 ohms ish I seem to remember. £5 posted. GONE

www.victorludorum.org/humbucker.JPG

Lace Sensor Gold - Black, virtually unused. I had this in a bass, and the in a guitar and had to extend the wires. All neat and nice. £20 posted. GONE

www.victorludorum.org/lace.JPG

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DrBobDrBob Frets: 3042
    Do you want to nominate me a charity box for the vintage sized modern look steel saddles ? ;-)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Actually, scratch that the guitar in question needs 10.5mm spaced import spec saddles so I'm guessing neither of the lovely bits you have on offer would do that ?
  • I'll measure them both and get back to you...
    I'll measure them both and get back to you...
    Thanks Victor but I suspect that if the first set are 'Vintage' spacing they'll be 11.2mm and the American Standard ones would be 10.8mm, anyway fingers crossed !
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3219
    I'll have the rail pickup and the De Armond tail please! 

Pm me payment details please.....
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

• DrBob said:
    Thanks Victor but I suspect that if the first set are 'Vintage' spacing they'll be 11.2mm and the American Standard ones would be 10.8mm, anyway fingers crossed !
    Using my Draper 'not made in the Uk anymore' calipers I get 10.3mm for the steel saddles, and 10.5/6 for the American Standard ones. A bit of sanding, and Bob's your uncle ;-)
  • paulnb57 said:
    I'll have the rail pickup and the De Armond tail please! 

Pm me payment details please.....
    No problem, Paul. Are you in a rush for these, as I forgot to mention in the OP that I won't be able to post these until the 24th?
    victorludorum;967881" said:
    DrBob said:

victorludorum said:

Using my Draper 'not made in the Uk anymore' calipers I get 10.3mm for the steel saddles, and 10.5/6 for the American Standard ones. A bit of sanding, and Bob's your uncle ;-)
    Err ooh that is exciting news ! I think those Brass ones look quite sassy ! May I ?
  • victorludorumvictorludorum Frets: 1164
    edited February 2016
    DrBob said:
    DrBob said:

victorludorum said:

Err ooh that is exciting news ! I think those Brass ones look quite sassy ! May I ?
    They are indeed, and they cost a pretty penny. I effectively got these for free, so fair's fair and all that. The only problems with them for me were that one of the slots is a tiny bit oblong, and one of them is taller than the others. You could use the taller one on the D or G string and it'd be fine, or if you be can be bothered, you could sand it level with the others. I have a set on my Tele and they look great. PM me your address and I'll get them ready for you. I forgot to mention in the original mail that I won't be sending them until the 24th; is that ok with you?
    DrBob said:
    DrBob said:

victorludorum said:

They are indeed, and they cost a pretty penny. I effectively got these for free, so fair's fair and all that. The only problems with them for me were that one of the slots is a tiny bit oblong, and one of them is taller than the others. You could use the taller one on the D or G string and it'd be fine, or if you be can be bothered, you could sand it level with the others. I have a set on my Tele and they look great. PM me your address and I'll get them ready for you. I forgot to mention in the original mail that I won't be sending them until the 24th; is that ok with you?
      Is it okay that you're making me wait until the 24th to send me stuff for free ?
    No it's a bloody outrage ;-)

PM incoming mate
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bad_alicebad_alice Frets: 271
    edited February 2016
    I'll take the modern saddles if they're still available? :) PM on its way...
    Easily distracted and...oooh, look! A guitar!"
    My Trading Feedback can be found here: https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/62765/bad-alice/p1
  • I'll have the bass strings please - I'll buy the Big Issue from Jeff in Bristol (you can google him - quite a celeb and a top bloke!)

• Ok, great. I'll reply to any PMs now...
  • Bump
  • pm'd