Can anybody cut me some cavity covers?

What's Hot
carloscarlos Frets: 3668
edited February 2016 in Making & Modding
Preferably cheaper than what my dentist charges me for covering my cavities.

It's for this Washburn Nuno.
http://i.imgur.com/V0TQtjS.jpg

I can provide better pics or scanned drawn outline if needed.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ADPADP Frets: 184
    I'm not offering because I have enough stalled projects of my own at present, but I've made some covers for an N4 or two in the past from black pinseal ABS, which is close to what Washburn use. You can buy it pretty cheaply on eBay. Make sure you get it in the thickness you want, glue a template to it with something low-tack like Pritt Stick, cut it out with a sharp knife and sand it to shape. It's really not hard to do. Countersink the screw holes for a more professional look.
  • adding to the above:

I make my templates by taping over the cavity with masking tape, pressing it into the cavity as above and cutting it, then stick that straight onto the pinseal
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11966
    tFB Trader
    If you can draw them out as vectors you could always have some nice ones laser cut or CNC cut from anodised aluminium

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

• Modulus_AmpsModulus_Amps Frets: 2659
    tFB Trader
    I can laser cut some perspex/laminate for you, but would need sizes from you. have loads of colours in stock. PM me if interested
  • carloscarlos Frets: 3668
    Modulus has the job.
  • carloscarlos Frets: 3668
    Massive props to @Modulus_Amps for doing a great job FOR FREE. He doesn't even let me pay the p&p costs! I love thefretboard!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Modulus_AmpsModulus_Amps Frets: 2659
    tFB Trader
    ha ha yes, Free but not for everyone!.. .they where cut from offcuts and postage was just about nothing. Glad they worked out for you