SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB - Celestion G10 Gold 8 ohm x2

keirkeir Frets: 146
edited March 2016 in Amps £
Looking to buy 2 of these now please
Good deals with: handsomerick, majorscale, gassage, sticker, smudge_lad, anglian, edinfield99, thewiddler, thomfripp, notonlybutalso, JDE, chebellanga
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• There are some on eBay at the moment I think... I'm looking for a 12" 8ohm so saw the 10" on there the other day
  • keirkeir Frets: 146
    Thanks mate, there's one listed for £150 + £6 postage and you can buy them new for £159 from leanbusiness!
    Good deals with: handsomerick, majorscale, gassage, sticker, smudge_lad, anglian, edinfield99, thewiddler, thomfripp, notonlybutalso, JDE, chebellanga
  • MartinBlytheMartinBlythe Frets: 19
    edited February 2016
    Ahhh good point. Good luck finding one though :)
    Cheers! It's not urgent but I have a 68 custom Princeton I want to try one and if all goes well there maybe throwing a pair in my 68 custom Vibrolux but spending £450+ on speakers is a big outlay especially if I end up not liking them and going back to stock!
  • I have a celestion G10 Gold I'm looking to sell. Six months old has been inside my Vox VT40+ includes box.

PM me if interested & make me an offer, I will get pics sorted out over the weekend.

Someone has swooped in on this speaker so still on the look out if anyone has one please.
  • cbellangacbellanga Frets: 572
    edited February 2016
    Have a gold on my blackface 64 non-reverb and it's amazing, good luck with the search!
    Cool man cheers, I had a gold in a PRRI a few years ago but was stupidly trying to make it into an amp i could gig with in a 4 piece band. Lesson learnt there!

The 68 custom is a bit darker than the PRRI and I think it'll sound brilliant with the gold, no rush especially though so hopefully another 2nd hand one will come up soon.

If that experiment goes well I've also got a 68 vibrolux in line for an upgrade!
  • fwiw I put a Ragin Cajun in my CPR and it's fantastic. Not dark at all. I gig with a 4 piece noise rock band and it keeps up without a problem with plenty of headroom!
    Cheers I've heard a lot about the ragin Cajun in princetons, they're a cheaper option too. To be honest I'm not aiming to make the amp louder just a bit sweeter
    Bump
    Still on the lookout for 2 of these
    bump
    Bump
    Bump
    Bump
    Bump
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4909
    fwiw I put a Ragin Cajun in my CPR and it's fantastic. Not dark at all. I gig with a 4 piece noise rock band and it keeps up without a problem with plenty of headroom!
    I have a Ragin Cajun in mine and also used to run it through a 1x12 cab with a Gold in it.  Size difference aside there was not much in it at all, I certainly didn't think the Gold was sweeter in any way.
    Nice, my only issue with the Ragin Cajun is the sensitivity. I've picked up a gold for my 68 custom Princeton and I'm impressed with the difference so looking for 2 more for my vibrolux, I'm running it in a wet / dry setup up a big jump in volume is not what I'm looking for.