SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Feed me your Oranges...SORTED

What's Hot
DopesickDopesick Frets: 1510
edited April 2016 in Amps £
I had another go on an Orange OR100 last week and tbh, after regrettably selling mine at the end of last year I have been missing the tone ever since. Well, missing the tone AND the fact I could play it at all levels. Sometimes I even cry myself to sleep knowing I don't own it anymore (maybe a lie...).
I currently own a Matamp GT1 and it sounds breathtaking, but tbh I find life easier with a high gain amp. The Matamp is also too loud to use at bedroom volume and feel this would be more beneficial to somebody in a doom/sludge metal band. My band is of the sludgey variety but we play a lot faster at times and - for me, the Orange handled it better than the Matamp.

I also don't use clean so yeah....anybody out there have an Orange OR50 or a Thunderverb 50 they wanna get shot of? At a push an OR100 if nothing can be found of the other two?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Van_HaydenVan_Hayden Frets: 439
    Give me a shout at the factory - I can mod your GT1 down to 50w and increase the drive if you want!
  • DopesickDopesick Frets: 1510
    @Van_Hayden - It's currently being fixed at the moment (it went kaput a couple of weeks back, Coda are looking at it as they're local to me) but once I get it back I'll definitely consider that option. Cheers!

May cheekily ask for a 'redecoration' of some sort as well perhaps (new tolex, faceplate etc) as I did get this second hand.
    I can price it up for you - best option is come and see us, I'll stick it on the bench and change a few things around. You can drop it down to 40w if need be.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
    I can price it up for you - best option is come and see us, I'll stick it on the bench and change a few things around. You can drop it down to 40w if need be.
    much better solution than selling it for an orange...
  • DopesickDopesick Frets: 1510
    Holy necro bump Batman!

Yep I've decided to keep my Matamp - I've got some OUTSTANDING sounds with the right distortion/fuzz pedals (still trying to find 'the one' but I'm almost there). Can't believe I thought about getting rid of this thing. May still send it to @Van_Hayden just for a 50w mod at some stage and perhaps a retolex!

...but yeah, consider this thread done and dusted.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Excellent!

I was messing around with a 25w GT1 the other day.....
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom