SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FT 8 ohm Celestion Vintage 30 for your Greenback

olafgartenolafgarten Frets: 1649
edited March 2016 in Amps £
Hi, I am thinking of trading my barely used Celestion V30 from a Harley Benton Cab.

I am ideally looking for a Greenback as a trade.

It has only be used for about 12 hours in total so is like new.

Would have to be pickup/meetup around the Epsom, Surrey area.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I don't think you'll hear much significant improvement...  do the baffle first... if its composite or fibre board...

• olafgartenolafgarten Frets: 1649
    MikeDearing;1006617" said:
    I don't think you'll hear much significant improvement...  do the baffle first... if its composite or fibre board...
    I'm not really looking for a huge improvement but I find that the vintage 30's are a bit too middy at times.
  • TelejesterTelejester Frets: 786
    I had a vintage 30 which I played for a while and that upper mid glare drove me nuts. I bought greenback from hotrox and I haven't looked back, to me a vintage 30 is merely an expensive ashtray. Op good luck getting a greenback and you won't be sorry when you ditch the v30
  • odd... I use them loads and theres none of that sound at all.. they're all on 3/4 birch blackboard painted baffles and have sonorous qualities, both with single coil and HB... in fact my fave speaker.. ive used greenbacks but I preferred G12 80s back in the day so it maybe a matter of personal taste.. infact I think greenbacks are mddier/boxier sounding.. but hey we all have different ears...  

FWIW I do think that cabinet and baffle construction is everything, even down to the baffle rails..and the seating of the baffle and the isolation of how the unit sits on the floor.. large rubber bung feet always seem best to me...  and then the position and the room too - I supposedly get a good sound but I find settings differ everywhere, its funny because what I arrived at over many years of gigging is exactly what MJW have arrived at... rather lucky there at least I don't have to change anything...   ho hum...

My playing setup isn't ideal, I play at low volumes in my bedroom and the V30 doesn't sound very good. It is better if I tilt my cab towards my head though.
    Up you go!
    Bump!