Vox Valvetone

Axe_meisterAxe_meister Frets: 4851
just followed the circuit through on this.
It is a TS808 copy with all the same values.
So if you see one going cheap snap it up.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• thermionicthermionic Frets: 10012
    It seemed to me that this pedal was always rated as being something different and distinctly Vox-like... but it turns out to be identical to a tubescreamer. Apart from the buffers and the switching maybe.

I found one in a dingy shop in the States a couple of years ago, I think they wanted $45. I was skint at the time so I passed.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74396
    All overdrive pedals, especially those which claim to be "valve-like", "amp-like" or "transparent", are Tube Screamer clones.

This is a fact.

Even though the Tube Screamer is none of those things.

:)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• photekphotek Frets: 1507
    edited December 2013
    They did 2 pedals, the 810 and the 830. 830 was more of a distortion if i recall correctly. The TS type one barely made unity gain though so don't get one if you like to use the pedal as a volume boost! Souded good though.
  • I didn't measure the pot values but all the resistor and cap values are identical to the 808