SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB alesis dm6 electric drumkit

What's Hot
tabbycattabbycat Frets: 341
basically that. want to buy a used complete and fully functioning one of these.

am unable to drive to collect so would need to be with a delivery option (unless you live very close to hastings east sussex, then we may be able to work something out).

let me know if you have something.

thanks for reading.

"be a good animal, true to your instincts" (d.h.lawrence).
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10343
    I have an alesis DM10 studio I could part with if thats ok interest?
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • tabbycattabbycat Frets: 341
    @meltedbuzzbox. many thanks for the offer mbb but i think that would be out of my range. am just looking for a cheapy for bedroom demos. the dm6 seems to be as low down the range as i can go before things get toyish and junky.
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10343
    the dm6 is a good kit and it is what I started with. 

Check out ebay, they go fairly cheap on there. 

The entry Yamaha and roland stuff is worth a look too
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • tabbycattabbycat Frets: 341
    edited April 2016
    @meltedbuzzbox

thanks for the tip re the yamaha and roland. and the reassurance that the dm6 is ok. i used to play real drums when i was a teenager but have never touched a digital kit, so have had to rely on research. i've got an old alesis sr16 machine, and a possible swap offer for a dm5 rack, so i was trying to stick to the alesis for that. plus i know the alesis will work well with my microbrute, whereas i'm not sure about the yamaha and roland, though they are obviously bigger names with a pro track record.

as for ebay, don't mention it. i tried to buy on one there last thursday in the 20% discount sale (would have been £140 delivered) but their stupid system kept crashing and wouldn't let me buy it.

then another ebay seller, about ten minutes walk from where i live, spent five days telling me 'come and see it tomorrow, no tomorrow, no tomorrow, etc' stringing me along for most of a week then just stopped answering messages and deleted the listing. odd and frustrating.

so i've got serious ebay hate atm, which is why i'm here. musician-to-musician with no middle men seems to be a far saner way to do things. am after a dm6, a microkorg and an blackstar ht1 and then my bedroom studio is complete and i need never ever shop again. well that's the plan.
  • robwrightrobwright Frets: 741
    I've got one I was thinking of selling. Intended to learn to play drums but it never happened!

I'll get some pics up at the weekend,

• robwrightrobwright Frets: 741
    Sent you some pics via pm