Admin / Mod Interventions

What's Hot

Comments

• RolandRoland Frets: 8701
    Blaendulais is back.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26573
    Test Posts comments removed, because they were an extension of an argument from another thread, and also a false attempt to claim behaviour that the forum doesn't exhibit.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    Charlie2020 banned. Mostly for posting a very spammy link as his opening gambit. I countered with a swift edit and a banhammer application. That put him off. Oh, and also banned for also being Bobjones who is also banned for also spamming. 

It’s only half eight in the morning and it’s busy already!
    4reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
    Racist comment removed from the “Entitled, arrogant people ...” thread.
    Two threads in Guitar deleted - both on the subject of Peter Green passing.

That’s 7 threads on the subject in the last hour. None of them in the Tributes section. If you post a tribute post in the main sub forums on this subject I will simply delete it with no warning. 
    2reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Seriously guys - that’s 11 threads on Peter Green in Guitar. 

There is a thread in Tributes - post there please. 

4 more threads deleted. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Honestly. 

It’s Saturday. I’ve had a hard week. 

23 Peter Green threads later and I’ve had to post a sticky announcement in Guitar saying “The next person to post a Peter Green tribute thread is going in the cooler” because apparently the last 2 posters didn’t realise my previous sticky thread included Peter Green because it didn’t say so in the title. 

It does now. You have been warned.
    14reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Pablocrackers banned. 

He posted a new Peter Green tribute in the guitar subforum after my warning. 

He decided to PM me to argue the toss, suggesting it was our fault that he couldn’t see any threads on the subject. Apparently he couldn’t see anything in the search. He couldn’t see anything in any of the forums. And he couldn’t see any posts that related to posting tribute threads, or Peter Green. 

I sent him links to the threads, but apparently he can see “how we run things round here” and asked for his account to be deleted. We have obliged - it will be processed in due course. 

I suspect he should have gone to specsavers. 
    4reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    ourmaninthenorth is the second casualty of this evening's festivities, albeit with a less serious condition. The offence? Deciding to insult the mods who've been cleaning up after all the folk who can't (or can't be bothered to) read.

The mods do a sterling job, one part of which is keeping the forum as well-organised as can be for me so I can concentrate on keeping the place running, and cleaning up after people who a) can't read, b) can't follow simple instructions, or c) both isn't anybody's idea of a fun Saturday night.

Directly insulting them for getting a bit frustrated at being forced to do so over and over again is a bit dumb, frankly, so his request - "I'll take a week in the cooler" - has been granted.
    <space for hire>
    2reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited August 2020
    Jonnysixstring has decided to leave us as he was really struggling with the concept of following the classifieds rules. 

To be fair he’s not alone in that regard - there’s lots of members who struggle with them...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    There are a number of people who treat the forum as a cheap version of ebay, and don’t contribute much else. A subset of these break the Classified rules. The first time they get a written reminder. The second time Classified access is removed until they acknowledge they they’ll play by the rules. Patience runs out if they do it repeatedly, and access is removed permanently. We don’t have to ban them because they don’t come back. Johnnysixstring threw his toys out of the pram at step two.

Generally there are three toys:
    1. I’m an important member of this forum.
    2. The moderators are power crazed Nazis.
    3. The forum is going to the dogs.
    Johnnysixstring scored 3 out of 3. 
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    For anyone following the “Can’t play C without touching the other strings” thread. The author and his threads have gone.

Both posts was copied from Ultimate Guitar. We see this behaviour from time to time as copying a popular thread from another forum is an easy way to generate comments and earn frets here.
    0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Heartfeltdawn is on a break at his own request 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    captainbeeffart has left the building, following previous incidents in which he was warned, coolered and asked (firmly) to mend his ways. Apparently, his interpretation of that was "Please post obliquely racist comments, then refuse to explain when asked to by the modmins, then play dumb when given a final chance to do so by PM and accuse everybody involved of a conspiracy to remove him from the site".

Some people have an overinflated sense of their own importance. We'd actually forgotten about him until his latest outburst.
    <space for hire>
    6reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 9reaction image Wisdom
    SCRelicGuitars is back after a break. It was at his own request, so he’s allowed back when he wants. 

I’ve also reopened his thread - I’m sure it will be popular, just like it was before.

Welcome back Scott!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 12reaction image Wisdom
    Guys, c'mon...if you're going to post conspiracy theories, at least do more than posting a link.

If you can't offer any support or opinion to it, don't expect other people to.
    <space for hire>
    ....aaaand Marshall's taking a bit of a break from the forum to consider the wisdom of accusing modmins of slander, libel (yes, both of them), abuse, censorship etc etc when all they did was ask him to refrain from posting links without bothering to put any effort into writing about them.

It's not exactly a voluntary break.
    <space for hire>
    6reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Tony99 is voluntarily on a break. I think his other half found him browsing the classifieds when he should've been putting that shelf up, but I can't be 100% sure.
    <space for hire>
    13reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Gringopig is on a break for deleting his Classified content.
    edited September 2020
    ....aaaand Marshall's taking a bit of a break from the forum to consider the wisdom of accusing modmins of slander, libel (yes, both of them), abuse, censorship etc etc when all they did was ask him to refrain from posting links without bothering to put any effort into writing about them.

It's not exactly a voluntary break.
    Of course, he couldn't resist signing up under a second account (LordFlashheart), so he's permabanned.

Shame, because I was about to let him out of the cooler. Foolish boy.
    <space for hire>
    10reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
This discussion has been closed.