SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Peavey JSX 2x12 Combo

What's Hot
For Sale is my Peavey JSX Combo. Great sounding 6l6 based amp. Got me through a whole world tour without a problem! Comes without footswitch but this can be easily sourced. £300 for a quick sale ONO. Collection only from West London.

Pics:

http://imgur.com/a/k4jkc

The all-tube Peavey JSX 212 Joe Satriani combo amp is the fruit of a partnership between Peavey and legendary guitar virtuoso Satriani. The JSX 212 translates the tonal flexibility and responsive gain of the Peavey JSX Joe Satriani Signature amp head into a modern combo amp.

Augmenting the original JSX amp's 3-channel, 120W configuration are 2 custom-designed 12" JSX speakers in an open-back cabinet, reverb with master control, and a line out with level control. The Joe Satriani Peavey combo amp also includes global presence and resonance controls; 3-band EQ and level on each channel; FAT switches, and fully adjustable noise gates for the Ultra and Crunch channels.

"We designed the JSX 212 not only for practicality, but also for tone and versatility," says Satriani. "The amp's tone comes to life in a big way using this 2x12 design, and the relationship between the combo and the player sets up an interesting interplay that you can't get with a head. It's a special experience having the amp and speakers in one unit."

Made in the USA.

Massive all-tube power!

FEATURES
  • 120W
  • Half-power switch
  • 3 footswitchable channels
  • 2 JSX 12" speakers
  • 4 - EL34 tubes and 4 - 12AX7 tubes
  • Power amp switchable to use 6L6GCs
  • Clean channel: volume, bass mid, treble
  • Crunch channel: gain and volume, bass, mid, treble EQ, and FAT switch
  • Ultra channel: gain and volume, bass, mid, treble EQ, and FAT switch
  • Noise gate control for both distortion channels
  • Master volume
  • Master reverb
  • Footswitchable effects loop
  • Resonance and presence controls
  • Line out with level control
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TTT
  • TTT
  • noirleblancnoirleblanc Frets: 37
    Bumpage

Price drop to £270
  • JoesaJoesa Frets: 86
    Not a lot of love for the JSX's unfortunately. I've just bought one out of curiousity more than anything ( it was cheap ) and apart from the weight of the bloody thing it's easily the best amp purchase I've made. So good at so much but maybe it's the signature amp thing

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Cheers, yeah it's an unbelievable bargain at £250! Can't understand why it hasn't been snapped up. Not fasionable?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • professorbenprofessorben Frets: 5106
    I used to own the head version of this , which I understand is the exact same amp, and it was awesome, I think the issue is that the Satriani name is quite polarising.
    I was sold the amp from the words of the Peavey rep, I phoned up asking for a 5150, he said they had stopped doing it and were doing this one instead, said the same guys designed it.
    The cleans are arctic clean, and it has more gain than any sane ( or otherwise) person could use!!!!!
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
  • JoesaJoesa Frets: 86
    Made myself a little skateboard with heavy duty castors to get my combo around. I was quite shocked when I picked it up how heavy it was in comparison to a Blackstar Series one 45 212 I had and I briefly considered moving it on. Until I played my Strat through it that is!
    bump

• stedsted Frets: 259
    Bargain that, opposite end of the country for me though.