SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD Koch Studiotone XL 1x12 Combo £450

What's Hot
kennedydream1980kennedydream1980 Frets: 1203
edited May 2016 in Amps £

Up for sale is my Koch 1x12 combo.

In excellent condition with 2 button footswitch and Koch branded slip cover included.

These amps are handmade in Holland to the highest specs. It's essentially a 40 watt 3 channel amp, clean, OD and OD+. Has some voicing switches on the front, a 3 way bright switch and a mid shift.

3 12ax7's in the preamp and 4 el84's in the power amp.

You can do silent recording with it and there are various options on the back for this. It has an emulated output with a choice of cab sims. Also has a very transparent effects loop that works great.

Headroom for days on the clean channel, I mean it stays clean all the way up on the volume. Tons of volume on this as well, I never had to run the volume past 10 oclock for gigs, this amp is seriously LOUD. The clean channel is the perfect pedal platform as it's very neutral sounding. It takes overdrive / distortion pedals for fun on the clean channel. That's actually how I've been using it, essentially using the amp as a pedal platform and running everything in the front of the amp using the clean channel.

The amp also has gobs full of gain on the OD channels if you need it. Basically the OD channel is your basic crunch channel, and the OD+ is your solo channel. The OD+ channel can be run in Low, medium, or high depending on how much gain you want for your leads.

The amp also has a lovely spring reverb in there as well.  

Looking for £450 for a sale. I no longer have the box for this so the amp would have to be collected.

I can also throw in a full set of JJ preamp and power valves that I bought as spares.

The amp is cathode biased, so as long as you have a matched set of EL84's, you can just throw them in there without having to have the amp re-biased by a tech. 

I'm located in Carlisle (Cumbria)

For the full spec see the following link.

http://www.koch-amps.com/studiotone-xl1.html

http://i464.photobucket.com/albums/rr6/kennedydream/B9687F9B-2681-4A29-B981-5FA242C3A5D3.jpg

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments