What's Hot
12346»

Comments

• p90foolp90fool Frets: 32371
    Chalky;1066187" said:
    [quote="p90fool;1066009"]chrispy108 said:

Less government the better.....

Out for me

Fewer people in charge means MORE government, every time, in every nation throughout history.

Extra layers of administration are a good thing in a civilised society. Yes they're expensive and cumbersome, but when your own government regards doctors (ffs!) as dangerous radicals and is trying to turn "Human Rights" into dirty words then I'm greatly reassured that there is someone, somewhere saying, "Whoa Rosbif, that's illegal pal".
    You still haven't explained your irrational belief in total strangers being more trustworthy than George Osborne.[/quote]

Corrected, just to see if you can explain that.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
    p90fool;1066231" said:
    [quote="Chalky;1066187"][quote="p90fool;1066009"]chrispy108 said:

Out for me

Fewer people in charge means MORE government, every time, in every nation throughout history.

Extra layers of administration are a good thing in a civilised society. Yes they're expensive and cumbersome, but when your own government regards doctors (ffs!) as dangerous radicals and is trying to turn "Human Rights" into dirty words then I'm greatly reassured that there is someone, somewhere saying, "Whoa Rosbif, that's illegal pal".
    You still haven't explained your irrational belief in total strangers being more trustworthy than George Osborne.[/quote]

Corrected, just to see if you can explain that.

[/quote]

You can vote out George Osborne. Can't vote for eu commissioners.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RockerRocker Frets: 5105
    I am not an economist but a Brexit is likely to cause a big run on the pound. Is that a good or a bad thing? Please explain...
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • quarkyquarky Frets: 2778
    edited May 2016
    Probably not a huge one. The pound is already weaker due to the uncertainly.

Good for exports, return on foreign investments and inward investment.
    Not good for material imports and imported consumer goods.
  • GarthyGarthy Frets: 2268
    Rocker said:
    I am not an economist but a Brexit is likely to cause a big run on the pound. Is that a good or a bad thing? Please explain...
    It's swings and roundabouts. It's great for exports, it's terrible for imports. It's good for foreign companies that make things here like Nissan as the wage bill would be reduced but bad for consumers who buy lots of disposable Chinese electronics & sweatshop clothes. An Aston wouldn't increase in price, a Juke may get cheaper, a Boxster would be even more expensive etc.

TL:DR- it's complex.
  • chrispy108chrispy108 Frets: 2336
    p90fool said:

Out for me

What? Governments are bad, so the solution is more governments?

The system should be transparent, so that the public and the press can hold them to account.

"We" (citizens of the country) elected Nigel Farage to sit in the EU Parliament, he's never been, and he never votes. How is that keeping the UK Government in check?
  • skankdelvarskankdelvar Frets: 473
    I suppose that if lots of people want to leave the EU because they don't want to be 'ruled by Brussels' then there's going to be other people who want to stay in the EU because they do want to be 'ruled by Brussels'. 

Can't see it myself but fair enough.
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    Backdoor Children Of The Sock
    This is probably closer to what we need to do to the EU.

Ace.  Def Leppard video answers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urNFQw8VIvA

And this is what we need to do if Project Fear win..
    I'm the guy jacking off and ejaculating when you think some seagull poo has hit you when you walk under a subway.  Vote Brexit or learn to enjoy it.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom