Andertons TV - the law of diminishing returns

What's Hot

Comments

• randellarandella Frets: 4713
    ennspek said:
    I don't mind Anderton. I find him quite likeable and he's obviously a shrewd businessman.
    I'm with you on that, he bothers me the least out of all of them I think.  I liked his 'Captain Meets..." with Robben Ford, Lee Anderton seemed genuine enough in that one and Robben Ford's always interesting.

You're right as well about him being a shrewd businessman, he must be worth a sodding fortune. :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30355
    Do we know if Lee Anderton is legally entitled to call himself a Captain?
    Does he hold a licence approved by the international maritime organisation?
    Has he undergone stringent navigational courses?
    If not, he and his shop should be boycotted. He's taking the food out of real captain's mouths and making a mockery out of the whole maritime certification system.
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3421
    edited May 2016
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 15reaction image Wisdom
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 7214
    I think it's time to get Johnny DeMarco involved in the setup somehow. 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6813
    Sassafras;1064783" said:
    Do we know if Lee Anderton is legally entitled to call himself a Captain?Does he hold a licence approved by the international maritime organisation?Has he undergone stringent navigational courses?If not, he and his shop should be boycotted. He's taking the food out of real captain's mouths and making a mockery out of the whole maritime certification system.
    His military service doesn't count?
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6374
    Well I think they are really quite loverly  ;;)
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BellycasterBellycaster Frets: 5902
    A few days ago I found myself watching "the captain" giving a virtual tour around his house and showing me the taps in his kitchen. It was then I realised I had hit rock bottom of youtube hell.

Yeah, but, no, but, they were those new fangled Coil Tap thingies innit!
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 28010
    Be careful, gents. You don't want this thread going the way of all the others bashing Rob and Lee with personal comments.

Remember they're real people, and they do read this. Some of the hurtful crap said so far is...well, not in keeping with what we want for this forum, and probably more in line with what you'd expect from the pre-pubescent children who inhabit the YouTube comments section.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 46reaction image Wisdom
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 3000
    I don't mind the Chappers and Captain videos, they're just a bit of fun and they're good players. Don't really get all the hate for them.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • ChuffolaChuffola Frets: 2084
    Well said @digitalscream. Wise up, the rest of you.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10343
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    11reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30355
    It would be a pretty sad world if we couldn't make fun of people who put themselves in the public eye.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3421
    Sassafras;1065117" said:
    It would be a pretty sad world if we couldn't make fun of people who put themselves in the public eye.
    Making fun and a hate campaign are two very different things.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    LOL'd that myself.

However, I'm on record as being on the "not a fan of Chappers" side, but these threads get nasty pretty quick and they're only youtube videos.  Don't have to watch 'em!

Frankly, the marketing of Andertons via youtube has been genius. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • randellarandella Frets: 4713
    Chuffola said:

Frankly, the marketing of Andertons via youtube has been genius. 
    Hasn't it just :).  Max Clifford - No such thing as bad publicity etc.

They have to be about the most discussed retailer here, L. Anderton's bank account is no doubt much healthier than mine. 
  • Said it before, the videos are a decent way to kill 15 minutes or so on youtube. Both are great players and I find them pretty entertaining, horses for courses.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Handsome_ChrisHandsome_Chris Frets: 4780
    I wouldn't have seen that video if it hadn't been for this thread. A big thank you to @fretwired.
    Chalky said:
    Sassafras;1064783" said:
    Do we know if Lee Anderton is legally entitled to call himself a Captain?Does he hold a licence approved by the international maritime organisation?Has he undergone stringent navigational courses?If not, he and his shop should be boycotted. He's taking the food out of real captain's mouths and making a mockery out of the whole maritime certification system.
    His military service doesn't count?
    I believe as a veteran it should.  I don't know too much about his military record, but it can be said that he was company 2i/c in the Former Yugoslavian Republics.  If he wants to trade off his previous rank, let him. He has earned the right.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Chuffola said:

However, I'm on record as being on the "not a fan of Chappers" side, but these threads get nasty pretty quick and they're only youtube videos.  Don't have to watch 'em!

No, @Chuffola, you do have to watch 'em.  How would one know what the OP is on about without watching the video.

Everyone of these threads is pure clickbait for Lee and Chappers.
    ^ he's right you know