January Sales for GAS!

What's Hot
I've never took much notice of this before in Guitar shops, do they even have them? cos I rarely "window shop" if I don't need owt. I'm constantly getting emails though stating "Gibson Clearance" or "Fender Price bust" or "Free Pedal(that I don't want) when you buy(something else I don't want)" etc.

I bought all my current gear during the summer (2012) and got a half decent discount for the most of it.

Do any of you lot hang on for sales, or is it a con where they just state a reduced price from the massively marked up RRP. Are they the kind of sales where it's just Fender 6 inch patch cables and Ernie Ball straps that are reduced or get a free bag of picks when you buy a 100watt CAE Head, Lol.

So many guitar shops, I'm sure just googling can save someone a few quid buying from seperate outlets etc.

B-)
Only a Fool Would Say That.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• gilbygilby Frets: 176
    A few do, my local in dependant is planning on shifting stuff out, changing sale items on a regular basis. It'll probably be slow moving and shop soiled stuff.
    All the bigger stores will be outing discontinued gibsons and I'm guessing fender might do another "rebate" deal.
    So yeah, keep searching the net.
  • Very few genuine guitar shop sales out there, as this link demonstrates...

260+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
  • Very few genuine guitar shop sales out there, as this link demonstrates...

Lol. that's in my City. Just as thought I suppose,mostly marketing bollocks.

• This doesn't seem bad, but then again, I don't like SG's so no idea about normal price...

has auto tuners fitted, which is nice, as well as decent pickups.
  • Prymaxe Vintage have 20% off everything at the moment - if any shop in the UK has that kind if sale I fear for my Cc.

Even as it is with 20% off you can get a USA stratocaster Deluxe for £800 , add 200 for taxes and its still less than in the uk.
  • I probably should have said what I was after which is an Interface and Studio Monitors, I think googling and stuff is the way to finding the best bargain, I'm not into second hand stuff though. I like new, that's just me.

Cheers Chaps.

• chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17140
    This doesn't seem bad, but then again, I don't like SG's so no idea about normal price...

has auto tuners fitted, which is nice, as well as decent pickups.

Looks like a very nice bit of kit. I'm almost tempted!

• BlueingreenBlueingreen Frets: 2712
    edited December 2013
    Talking to a pal who owns a guitar shop a couple of years ago I was surprised when he told me the percentage of their annual turnover that arises in the few weeks before Christmas. Can't remember the number but it was amazingly high - 50% or more. 

I would have thought on that basis there's likely to be some heavy discounting of stuff that didn't sell as well as expected in January/February.
    “To a man with a hammer every problem looks like a nail.”
  • MarkGAKMarkGAK Frets: 118

Hello all. In theory I shouldn't be announcing this yet, but as the Fretboard is such a friendly place there are some BARGAINS to be had on this page:

More to be added on the 27th, when our sale officially starts!
    Probably worth mentioning that our Gibson sale will continue in to 2014. Again, loads of bargains to be had. Personally, I'd go for an SGJ at £399!

• vizviz Frets: 11023
    gilby said:

ooh there's a maxon cs9 there for a ton.
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • MarkGAK said:
    Probably worth mentioning that our Gibson sale will continue in to 2014. Again, loads of bargains to be had. Personally, I'd go for an SGJ at £399!

If you're going to discount the 'Gibson Captain Kirk Douglas Roots SG' let us know, it's the nearest thing I'm going to get to a SG Custom with a Vibrola, even if it is in a disgusting colour, and has Captin fricking Kirk engraved on the trem cover - and I hate Start Trek :(

MarkGAK said:

If you're going to discount the 'Gibson Captain Kirk Douglas Roots SG' let us know, it's the nearest thing I'm going to get to a SG Custom with a Vibrola, even if it is in a disgusting colour, and has Captin fricking Kirk engraved on the trem cover - and I hate Start Trek :(
    I might be able to help you out with this. Let me get back to you...
  • MarkGAK said:
    MarkGAK said:

I might be able to help you out with this. Let me get back to you...
    Remember....four figures is bad....three figures is good :)

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Some nice reductions here across the boatd http://www.coda-music.com/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Some nice reductions here across the boatd http://www.coda-music.com/

That makes the basic SGJ's £349.   Not bad, but no where low enough for me to have a baked maple board. If they were normal maple, then yes !  I like the colour, I just don't like Gibson's concept.

If - according- to Gibson, baked maple was such a great thing why is it almost absent from their 2014 line-up now they have Rosewood supplies back in stock ?

• Bogwhoppit said:  That makes the basic SGJ's £349.   Not bad, but no where low enough for me to have a baked maple board. If they were normal maple, then yes !  I like the colour, I just don't like Gibson's concept.
    Baked maple on a Suhr will cost you a pretty penny, not a budget option at all.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BogwhoppitBogwhoppit Frets: 2754
    edited December 2013
    Bogwhoppit said:  That makes the basic SGJ's £349.   Not bad, but no where low enough for me to have a baked maple board. If they were normal maple, then yes !  I like the colour, I just don't like Gibson's concept.
    Baked maple on a Suhr will cost you a pretty penny, not a budget option at all.

Correction, the SGJ has a maple neck with rosewood board.

Granted. But Rosewood is synonymous with Gibson, I'm already hearing is it 'chambered' and does it have a 'baked maple' fingerboard prior to the buyer either walking or asking for a massive reduction.  Although it has been said, the baked maple could be the pancake body of the future. 70s LPs seem to be having a revival, so hang on to those BM and Chambered Gibsons, they are tomorrows 'transitional' classics.

• Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2459
    Some do.

Basically I just sign up to the email newsletters of all the music shops I know of. That's not foolproof, because some shops send more emails than others, but yeah.