SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD - 1978 Marshall Super Bass JMP 100w

What's Hot
woody_89woody_89 Frets: 123
edited May 2016 in Amps £
Hi all,

Up for sale is my '78 Marshall Super Bass. Another one that I got in a part exchange, and whilst it's wonderful, I do really love my 2203, and I can't see this getting a lot of use!
It's in very nice condition cosmetically, certainly a lot better than most that you see that have been chucked in and out of a transit van all their life.. It appears to be all original, barring the ubiquitous cap changes that will have likely been made over the years. Apologies for not having any gut shots too, I'll get some early next week if anyone's interested.

Tone-wise, these amps are really special. Big, crystal clear cleans, although it does start to break up relatively early too. When it does, you're into Jimi territory, along with Kossoff and Frusciante. Takes pedals really nicely too.

I'm looking for £795. I'm not reeeeally looking for trades, but anything old and Gibson-y or Marshall-y might be able to sway me!
I'm based in Leeds/Huddersfield but travel around a fair bit, so if you're not local then just ask!

Cheers!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• woody_89woody_89 Frets: 123
    Amp now sold!
  • jacksparrowjacksparrow Frets: 673
    You might want to take it off of ebay if sold. just a heads up.

• GassageGassage Frets: 31591
    I have always wanted to buy one of these if only to claim I have a Superb Ass.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • woody_89woody_89 Frets: 123
    You might want to take it off of ebay if sold. just a heads up.

Thanks @jacksparrow ;
    It had been done, but stupidly was the last place I took the ad down from. Cheers for the heads up though, could've ended badly!