SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Mallard Fairline boutique very rare octal pre amp tubes like 50's Fender Tweeds amp is sold thanks

Ed345Ed345 Frets: 2
edited June 2016 in Amps £

Hi guys
I'm selling this lovely amp, it sounds glorious, rich fat warm and does the best Bluesbreaker tone I've heard through the celestion greenback. 

Those of you who watch That Pedal Show on YouTube with Dan from the gigrig will have seen him playing through a head version.

This is the 1x12 combo with a greenback speaker finished in gorgeous cream tolex, it looks stunning.

The quality of the construction and components many of which are NOS mallard and wima caps, nos valves etc.

It also has a fantastic DNA feature which is like a voltage control to the power valves allowing it to sound great and cranked at everything from speaking volume to gigging volume.

It was built in 2010 I be olive here in the UK.

I'll load some pics as soon as I work out how to, any help gratefully received.

I'm not sure what to price the amp at but will go for £1200 as it's very rare and the construction quality is simply the best I've ever seen, it even beats old Hiwatts for build quality in my opinion.

I am open to fair offers and you are welcome to come and try it and I'll answer questions best I can.

This is a fantastic and very rare amp, the only other I have seen is used by Dan of the Gigrig on the fantastic That Pedal Show on YouTube.
The build quality as you can see is up there with the neatest and tidiest I've ever seen.
The components are a mixture of NOS and the best modern such as Heboyer transformers and the excellent Celestion green back speaker.

As you can see the amp looks wonderfully classy in its cream/ivory Covering and I'd describe it as in good used condition with a few minor dings but as you can see in the photos overall it's in great nick.

Mallard amps come with NOS Wima & Mullard signal caps fitted as stock.
Octal valves are an integral part of the recipe. The red metal RCA
5693 pre-amp pentode is a military version of the more commonly found
6SJ7. 

The tone is brilliant, very 3D and punchy with elements of Vox and Early Marshall but with a slightly fatter warmer thick pre amp from these octal valves, as used in the earliest of Tweed Fender amp I believe.

The amps simple control layout is deceptive flexible for such simple controls, the tone and gain are self explanatory but go from Hendrix cleans to a brilliant Marshall Bluesbreaker tone to the best Paul Kossof Free tone I have ever heard and even higher gain, think the Live Cream tone or ACDC The DNA feature is fantastic and reduces the voltage like a VAC and means you can crank the gain to get the tone you want at any volume from home playing to gigging volume, simply wonderful.

It'll be a sad day to see this wonderful amp go but to someone who appreciates brilliant tones and quality build then I'm sure you will love it.

It hands down beats any new Marshall or modern fender or vox for tone in my jungle opinion.

Postage will be high as its heavy and I'd prefer the buyer to collect from Cardiff or I can possibly meet, message me to arrange.

I'm also selling a wonderful Maestro EP3 Echoplex if you are interested let me know.

Many thanks  

Edit I junk you can view the pictures in this link

https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B0U5oqs3qDUIKy

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• cbellangacbellanga Frets: 572
    That's a very clean build inside! GLWTS
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Ed345Ed345 Frets: 2
    Thanks
    Yea it's so well built and sounds even better!
    Thanks for the interest :-)
  • pj310pj310 Frets: 41
    What's the wattage on this and whereabouts in Cardiff are you? Cheers
    Hi it's about 20 watts but the DNA control can be used to reduce this down to about 2 watts.
    Perfect for home playing or recording.

Are you from Cardiff?

I'm in Thornhill thanks
    Bump
  • pj310pj310 Frets: 41
    Pmd
    Pm replied to.
    Sold thanks guys
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 28444
    @Ed345 - pls check the rules re deletion of content.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    Apologies I didn't realise

Amp is now sold
    Thanks all