Moped/scooter

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• Guitar_SlingerGuitar_Slinger Frets: 1489
    It was 55mph, 90kph IIRC. Part of my journey was a 3 lane dual carriageway with a 40 limit, but the traffic flowed at 50.

Excuse me if you knew this already, "mopeds" are 50cc scooters, restricted to 30mph for the UK licence category AM.

One thing I did like about riding a moped was the leg shields kept showers off, so I'd go to places in jeans and trainers.  That took me a bit of time to get used to, having ridden for years in black leathers and boots.

Maybe not as safe if an accident would have happened, but it meant not having to walk around places for hours like RoboCop.
    That's fast for a 50cc. I used to run a training school, so I do know the difference, but it's always worth reminding people... We used 50cc Peugeot Ludix scooters - they crashed well on the pad(!). I had two that were restricted (for 16 year olds) and two derestricted, but they'd only manage 45mph - hence my question. 

What a lot of 50cc riders don't realise is that moped entitlement (via your car licence) isn't valid if the "moped" has been derestricted - that makes it a scooter, and your licence and insurance may not be valid for the derestricted vehicle.
     The school I worked for used to hoover up Piaggio Zips off eBay... some were in mph and others km/h, so it helped to explain the difference to students, as some still rode at 30km/h. :).

The Liberty was fast and surprised me! My wife's cousin in Italy is a petrol head and had a sporty Aprillia 50cc when he was 14,  that did 92km/h and I was surprised a Liberty went the same speed,seeing as it looked like a mum's bike.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    Hattigol said:
    @Hattigol you jest, natch
    Nope. Save for snow and ice, I commute every day on my Vespa. Got a brand new PX 150 in my garage as well, which I'm keeping as a collectible.

I run a company that sells scooter helmets which should give you a clue that I'm not jesting...
    woss difference between a "scooter helmet" and an ordinary motorcyclist's helmet?
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16612
    Mainly shape and style........Momo is very Scooter
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16612
    You don't see many German Stormtrooper helmets on Scooter riders !........or 3 piece patch Cuts
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8295
    Hattigol said:
    @Hattigol you jest, natch
    Nope. Save for snow and ice, I commute every day on my Vespa. Got a brand new PX 150 in my garage as well, which I'm keeping as a collectible.

I run a company that sells scooter helmets which should give you a clue that I'm not jesting...
    woss difference between a "scooter helmet" and an ordinary motorcyclist's helmet?
    Have a look - carnabydesigns.co.uk
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis