SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD FS: Burman Pro-501 for sale: £475

maxdmaxd Frets: 46
edited June 2016 in Amps £

Burman amps were made in Newcastle in the late 70s and 80s. They were a sort of English version of the Mesa Boogie, with three channel gain to allow for any level of distortion right down to bedroom levels. At the same time the KT77 tubes, which are a sort of cross between EL34s and 6L6s, give a great clean sound. I've had this from new (1979), it's never been gigged and is in very good condition.

If this amp were built in America it'd be called boutique and cost you £2k+, but this is the same quality, all hand-wired and hand-made, and it sounds fantastic, at any volume, and turned up it's much louder than 50watts.

I've made a quick youtube video showing some of the sounds with a few pictures at the end, sorry quality not brill, doesn't do the amp justice, you need to come and try it out or know how good these amps are.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lov4UXfjgEc

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BluesyDaveBluesyDave Frets: 424
    Surprised this is still here.  These amps are so highly regarded.  Have a bump.
    No Darling....I've had that ages.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • maxdmaxd Frets: 46
    :-) and I was going to say "no it's just the way I walk"

They are superb, and it's a silly price really.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom