SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Leicester musicians?

What's Hot
Guitarist, bassist and drummer looking to add another musician (guitar? keys?) and make original music. 

I've played with both of the other guys before and can vouch for their musical skill and not-a-dickhead status. I make no promises about myself.

Influences? Craft beer, silly action movies, wrestling. What, musical ones? Chances are if you like it, at least one of us does. 

It would be awesome if you could sing (I do, drummer does, bassist might even with the right amount of alcohol, so we'll be like the frickin' Beach Boys) and if you had some songs/ideas/riffs to throw in the pot. If you're a full-on singer-songwriter with material you want to play with a band well then that's just peachy.

We don't want to be famous (we're all either too old or too ugly, or both) and we've all got too much shit to do to be rehearsing every night of the week but we'd definitely like to rehearse regularly, work up some songs, then if that's fun and the songs are good we'd like to play them to people, and if we're still not sick of the sight of each other it would be cool to record them. Then rinse and repeat until it's not fun any more.

Sound good to you?

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• RolandRoland Frets: 8591
    Could be interesting. What time commitment are you envisaging? What style of music are you thinking of?
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5128
    Probably only one night a week plus whatever gigs / recording etc stuff down the line.

Hard to say in terms of style- I can't think of many bands that fit neatly into the genres of their day that I find interesting. I guess it'll depend on which influences come out when we write.

• I would be interested in at least coming along to a practice/meet up and seeing if I can offer something into the mix..

on a side note are you going? 5-10 min walk fro you if you are still off Aikman http://www.westernparkfestival.co.uk/
    @strumjoughlamps I'll probably be there for some of it. 

• We have a room you can come and record in, its basic 24 track but you can get a decent sound and we can do it for next t nothing, plus I can play on them if you need me to.

Would be interested in a jam as well

Instagram is Rocknrollismyescape -

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey

• xsheqxsheq Frets: 71
    Very interested in craft beer.
    sheq said:
    Very interested in craft beer.
    You and our bass player should get along then. He's the serious beer drinker who knows all the words for how it tastes. 

I just like drinking it.

To clarify my earlier comment, we're all over 25 but under 40. So old by pop music megastardom standards, but not that old.

Ditto the ugliness thing- not going to be taking over from Robbie in Take That, but unlikely to make you want to gouge your own eyes out.

• xsheqxsheq Frets: 71
    I like IPAs. They're just advanced lagers really. I live in Oakham. Am in Leicester sometimes. I don't think I am very handsome, but I am married so I had a bit of success. I can't sing for shit.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2873
    I'm in Northants but near enough for a practice once a week I suppose! If you're still looking for a guitarist that is. I can't sing I'm afraid but I have a load of original riffy stuff written, I like beer, silly action films and wrestling. My stuff is online at http://www.soundcloud.com/shotgunroyale if you wanted to hear my style.