SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

sold -1962 KAYE RED DEVIL - electrics need help £225

What's Hot
DominicDominic Frets: 16674
edited June 2016 in Guitars £
I have had this for years and never got round to sorting it out - time to let it go ,shame really because it is retro funky but even if I did fix it up It would end up as a wallpiece not a 'played' guitar and it's worth more than that !
Body, neck etc in really great condition.
Lovely Maple Hollow body with distinct flame(nicely arched)
Apparently a Brazilian Fret Board(so my research tells me)
Needs - bigsby,  bridge and electrics sorted.
Original speed bump wax potted pick ups (not working).

Imported by Hohner, generically made alongside Airline guitars.
Actually considered a good quality U.S. guitar.
Until the brand was sold to Korean manufacturing in 1972.

Lots of info and prices on net.
2 for sale in good condition in U.S.A.$1490 on net at present.
2 recently sold for $750 can be seen on net. 
Truly probably; worth £500+ when fixed.
Research also tells me that this is what Eric Clapton played pre 1963 together with a washburn acoustic.
Cool guitar for Indie band or left field image.

TROUBLE LOADING PICKS -Will sort when I have a bit of help

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Shark_EyesShark_Eyes Frets: 377
    You'll need to move this to the correct section. Would love to see some pictures of this one.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16674
    No .this is the correct section...........it needs to be part rebuilt by somebody who does making and modding
  • WezVWezV Frets: 17494
    Dominic said:
    No .this is the correct section...........it needs to be part rebuilt by somebody who does making and modding
    by this logic all guitar ads should be posted in the guitar section of the forum, because they are guitars.

but rules state to put them in the classifieds where they actually belong ;)

I am super interested  to see the pics and an actual FS price.... but since this isn't a classified ad I assume you are after opinions on value and work needed

there  is little point looking at complete guitars when valuing a project.  go fr the broken ones instead.   this is probably closer, and a good price for a body and neck that appear to be in very good condition and just need parts, the truth is that the neck probably needs work or it would not have been stripped down  the first place

you then need to consider how much it will cost to fix
    Dominic said:

Needs - bigsby,  bridge and electrics sorted.
    Original speed bump wax potted pick ups (not working).

That is probably £300 worth of work right there, without knowing if the body or neck have any structural issues to address.   but parts projects do sometimes go for more than their logical value

problem is, now it will sound like I am trying to talk you down on price if I make an offer ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Ah ,firstly ,my stupid mistake .........I was so frustrated trying to sort the photos that I forgot to put the price on it ! Now Done !!
     I can get it done professionally for less than £300 but the point was that it would perhaps appeal to somebody who is a hobbyist ,perhaps has a Bigsby lying around and is interested as much in the joy of tinkering than in the pure commercial viability with the added bonus that they end up with something that is a bit more interesting than another Telecaster .
     There seems to be a massive discrepancy on what they sell for with prices varying between £300 and £1100 for a working guitar
    - although I can't imagine how it could be more than £500 - £600 tops
     I assumed projects should go into this section where there is a receptive audience but if that is wrong then I will move it to guitars for sale .
    Thanks for your advice.
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3221
    Can't see this going anywhere without photos...
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

You are quite right,that's a very valid and shrewd observation..........it's very important to be able to see what condition its actually in etc
    But ,despite never having a problem before the 4 photos that I took will just not load up ..I am waiting for my son to come over and see if he can sort it out........they will come