SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Tele neck WANTED.....now sorted, thanks.

What's Hot
shugzshugz Frets: 775
edited October 2016 in Parts £
Hello,

On the lookout for a nice Tele neck should anyone have anything. I'm a vintage/ vintage reissue sort of chap so 21 frets 50s style maple or 60s rosewood board etc. Happy with modern radius and fret sizes etc though. Relics I can consider as well as possibly outright vintage (long shot I know).

Happy to consider other Tele necks as well, open minded so if you have anything please let me know the details with pics and a price. Contact here or at:

shooyboy 'at' gmail 'dot' com

Thanks kindly, cheers
Hugh

www.proudhoney.com

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DrBobDrBob Frets: 3043
    Mate
    I've got a Northwest guitars maple Tele neck in a kind of honey vintage tint.
    Nice neck but it is drilled for modern tuners & two string trees
    Not back in Glasgow until Wednesday but if you're interested?
  • Curveball - Fender Clapton neck? £350
  • shugzshugz Frets: 775
    Thanks kindly @DrBob and @Bluesman1989. Would you two lovelies be able to send some pics etc at all to me to have a look?

Thanks in advance,

Hugh

www.proudhoney.com

Bumpers. Still on the lookout :)

Cheers
    Hugh

www.proudhoney.com

Thanks kindly John. I'll pass on that for now but appreciate you letting me know about it. Best of luck with the sale.

Cheers
    Hugh

www.proudhoney.com

• John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    No worries, and i'm open to offers if you change your mind
  • JohnnysevenJohnnyseven Frets: 938
    I have a maple baja tele neck i'm thinking of selling.
    My trading feedback can be seen here - http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58242/
  • ZoolooterZoolooter Frets: 897
    If the original OP isn't interested in the baja, I will take it depending on price.
    Thanks for the offer. I should let you know that it has more of a c profile than the v the baja's are famous for. It has also had the serial number sanded off, one of the tuners is ever so slightly bent and I had to do some worth on the screw holes which hold the tuners in place. I'd be looking for £150 posted in the UK.
    My trading feedback can be seen here - http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58242/
    Sorry chaps, hectic couple of days at Shugz Towers. Thanks again to all that have contributed here, much appreciated. I'll pass on the Baja for now as well but thanks for letting me know about it.

Cheers
    Hugh

www.proudhoney.com

• ZoolooterZoolooter Frets: 897
    Is it still a fat/chunky C profile? any depth measurements at the 1st and 12th frets?

Cheers
    edited June 2016
    I wouldn't call to chunky but them i've not played that many tele's so don't have much to compare it to but it feels more substantial to me than the neck that came with my MIM Standard that I swapped out. It feels very similar to the neck I put on my MIM which came from a Blacktop Tele HH. I'll measure and get back to you asap, probably tomorrow evening. I can also send photos if you PM me an email address.
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Johnnyseven;1133321" said:
    I have a maple baja tele neck i'm thinking of selling.
    I misread this as HarrySeven, selling something. Nearly had a heart attack!
    ;)
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • streethawkstreethawk Frets: 1657
    Thanks for the offer. I should let you know that it has more of a c profile than the v the baja's are famous for. It has also had the serial number sanded off, one of the tuners is ever so slightly bent and I had to do some worth on the screw holes which hold the tuners in place. I'd be looking for £150 posted in the UK.
    Why??
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Find the guy who sold it to the guy that sold it to me and i'll ask him for you.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Have a couple of 50s radius far eastern munchkin coloured tele necks that I never used if you fancy ( I like flatter radius) one is still in its box never opened and one is hanging off a hook in the studio £25 each you pick up or pay the post..
  • flyingvflyingv Frets: 555
    Have a couple of 50s radius far eastern munchkin coloured tele necks that I never used if you fancy ( I like flatter radius) one is still in its box never opened and one is hanging off a hook in the studio £25 each you pick up or pay the post.

munchkin coloured????

@MikeDearing, thanks for the info. Any pics at all of these?

Cheers
    Hugh

www.proudhoney.com