Ghostbusters remake?

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• SporkySporky Frets: 30117
    Myranda said:

I dislike this because alien 3 gets a bum rap. It's a much better sequel to Alien than Aliens was (Alien is a horror that happened to be in space. Aliens was a sci-fi action film that happened to have the same type of monster. They're utterly different films.  Alien 3 was still a tense horror that happened to be on another world - in two films it's about the horror, and the setting / monster is hardly relevant, and the other film is about the sci-fi action and the monster is irrelevant). 
    I agree that 3 is underrated, but I think Aliens was still a good entry in the series.

Alien is pretty much horror.
    Aliens is action.
    Alien 3 is essentially a disaster film. You already know what the alien is, so the film is really about things getting worse and worse - a bit like The Towering Inferno or similar in that respect.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 28677
    You have to get on board with the idea that Aliens is specifically intended to be very different from Alien. I like both. 

I don't really care what they do with any more new ones as long as they don't try and fuck with Alien, because it's obviously the best one.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 25493
    I would have liked to have seen the wooden planet version of Alien3.

I've read bit of the script that have appeared on line and seen the drawings. No idea if it would have worked in the end, but the idea certainly intrigued me!

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

• 10thumbs10thumbs Frets: 427
    Most remakes suck , as do most sequel/prequels , its all about money. and lack of ideas. I don't get the idea of remaking a comedy though , Surely the basis of a comedy is a comedic situation , fleshed out with other jokes ( comedic incidents/situations etc) .....so by remaking it , you are in effect , retelling the same joke. Thats never funny.
  • quarkyquarky Frets: 2778
    edited July 2016
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1289401/ratings?ref_=tt_ov_rt

Gee. So many people give it either a 1/10 or a 10/10. I haven't see the film, but I suspect all of those people need a slap. Is it really one of the very best films of all time, or one of the very worst?

I bet a lot of people had made up their mind before even seeing it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • quarkyquarky Frets: 2778
    edited July 2016
    Oh, and Aliens > Aliens3, by a mile. I remember seeing the poster for Aliens at the cinema though, and thought Signorney Weaver was actually Michael Jackson.

Image result for aliens poster
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4468
    Aliens has aged badly, though - well, the Alien itself.... the rest is still ok.
  • TheBlueWolfTheBlueWolf Frets: 1536
    It's most likely an obvious cash in, the reasoning being there's a decent few quid in remaking a classic while being all modern by having women as the main characters.

That said, as long as it's enjoyable nonsense then I won't complain.

Twisted Imaginings - A Horror And Gore Themed Blog http://bit.ly/2DF1NYi

• Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 8057
    I saw Ghostbusters last night and had loads of fun. Its not like the original and it exists in its own goofy summer movie universe. In hindsight the trailer is shit, it is not representative. 
  • NickBotfieldNickBotfield Frets: 143
    I saw it the other day too, and I agree with Winny. It's very funny and nowhere near as slapsticky as the trailer suggests. It's not even particularly a remake, more like a tribute to the spirit (oh hoh!) of the original. It's definitely worth seeing.
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4903

Pointless anecdotal comment of the day:-  My brother, who cites Ghostbusters as his favourite movie really liked it.  He said he may even go back and watch it again.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • lloydlloyd Frets: 5774
    In fairness, I hated the trailer, but the newer one with the bloke in it, when he's designed the logo with the ghost with tits made me laugh. That's not me hating women either before anyone starts ;)

Manchester based original indie band Random White:

https://www.facebook.com/RandomWhite

https://twitter.com/randomwhite1

• I know that I do not have the advantage of not having see it, so I'll have to say it's good and I really enjoyed it.

@lloyd is right about the logo.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 28677
    Kermode says its "not terrible, just fine", which is exactly what is expected I guess. 

Standard Feig vehicle. I'll watch it next time I'm on a plane
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires