Savage audio experiences/ knowledge appreciated

nickb_boynickb_boy Frets: 1689
I've been looking at picking up a used Dr Z Maz18 Jr combo then out of no where I stumble across a Savage Audio Blitz 50. I didn't know anything about the amp or manufacturer but knew it looked a sturdy well built bit of kit. After searching online for some info I've got even more intrigued. Both amps would come out at the same price point and there is no way I could pick up both!

I know it's a totally different beast from the Dr Z and more watts than I need but I doubt I'll get the chance to pick one up again and don't want to regret it. From what I have read it is loosely based on a Marshall Bluesbreaker but with some apparently added flexibility. If it's good enough for Doyle Bramhall to take on tour with Clapton then it can't be that bad!

If anyone has any experience with Savage audio amps (especially Blitz 50) I'd be really keen to hear your views and experiences.

Cheers for any help.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ecc83ecc83 Frets: 1745
    No idea but at the price they had better be bloody good! 

The Blitz combo is just shy of $3000 and IF they shipped to UK at present conversion rates that would be £1800 but I bet $ go straight £s when they get here!

£1000 buys you some really good amps over here. I shall say n'more sport!

Dave.
  • nickb_boynickb_boy Frets: 1689
    @ecc83 The Blitz I'm looking at is up for £1000 used, hopefully with some room to haggle. Could never even dream of picking one up new, that's why it's so tempting.
  • ecc83ecc83 Frets: 1745
    nickb_boy said:
    @ecc83 The Blitz I'm looking at is up for £1000 used, hopefully with some room to haggle. Could never even dream of picking one up new, that's why it's so tempting.
    Ah, gotcha! 
    But that is like Ferrari depreciation!

Dave.
  • JackobeanJackobean Frets: 678
    That's been there a while I think, certainly should be some room for negotiation.
    I have no personal experience with them, but they used to be the amp of the moment over on TGP. 
    Have a gander over there.