SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Birmingham People

What's Hot

Comments

• CryptidCryptid Frets: 406
    Hmmm, I may be interested. All I've been doing for years now is accompanying singers and a choir - it's been far too long since I've played with other instrumentalists and have lost confidence.

Acoustic and electric guitar mostly, but can hold down a bass part if needed. Mediocre vocals. Some percussion. 

Soul / funk / jazz / R&B / afro / reggae / Americana / indie / psychedelic / stoner is more my thing but happy to have a go at almost anything, as long as it's not brit pop... or anything by Mick Hucknall. 

I'm free most evenings after 7pm, except Tuesdays and Sundays.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • birmingham, acoustic and electric here, mostly country, blues, some rock stuff. Better on acoustic than electric but can do both, a bit of slide, vocals too. Really keen to play with people again :).
  • SheldersShelders Frets: 22
    Cryptid said:
    Hmmm, I may be interested. All I've been doing for years now is accompanying singers and a choir - it's been far too long since I've played with other instrumentalists and have lost confidence.

Acoustic and electric guitar mostly, but can hold down a bass part if needed. Mediocre vocals. Some percussion. 

Soul / funk / jazz / R&B / afro / reggae / Americana / indie / psychedelic / stoner is more my thing but happy to have a go at almost anything, as long as it's not brit pop... or anything by Mick Hucknall. 

I'm free most evenings after 7pm, except Tuesdays and Sundays.
    Well your more experienced than me by a mile so feel confident that you won't be the most green player there !

Are Saturdays any good for people? Can try an late PM/evening session in rather than trying to fit it around work schedules?
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9710
    Great to hear from you @Cryptid and @bermudianbrit , more the merrier!

Wednesday's are my regular unavailable night, other nights should be workable including weekend though I do have some weddings to play on weekends - I will be flexible to join in though
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2084
    If its fairly local I can do evening or weekends 

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
    Saturday evenings are good with me as long as it's no earlier than 7pm
    Anyone got recommendations for location in Birmingham? I've used pirate studios before over past PMT and they were alright tbf. 
    Maybe Robannas ?

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • timmypixtimmypix Frets: 2383
    I'm a new-ish Brummie after a decade in Manchester and while house DIY takes up weekends for the most part, I'll keep an eye on this thread. I've met a couple of TFBers since I've moved and it'd be fun to meet some more!
    Tim
    spark240 said:
    Maybe Robannas ?

I'd prefer to stay out of the city centre due to the clean air charge if possible but will try and convince the missus to let me borrow her car if needed. Would be Robannas be good for everyone else?
    Shelders said:
    spark240 said:
    Maybe Robannas ?

I'd prefer to stay out of the city centre due to the clean air charge if possible but will try and convince the missus to let me borrow her car if needed. Would be Robannas be good for everyone else?
    How about Walsall...?

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1373
    Shelders said:
    spark240 said:
    Maybe Robannas ?

blotto's studio isn't far from robanna's and you can get there without paying the CAZ charge
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I'm in Coventry and could possibly make it to something in Birmingham, depending on when/where etc. I sort of play guitar, but I'd need to be coached through quite a bit!
    I'm in Coventry and could possibly make it to something in Birmingham, depending on when/where etc. I sort of play guitar, but I'd need to be coached through quite a bit!
    No issue there bud….these jams are all about learning and gaining confidence 

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
    Blotto is a good shout actually - Nigel's a legend. 
    I'm in Coventry and could possibly make it to something in Birmingham, depending on when/where etc. I sort of play guitar, but I'd need to be coached through quite a bit!
    Same here mate so I wouldn't worry.
  • Would love to do this. Maybe a Whatsapp group could be set up with those who are seriously interested? Otherwise we fall into the trap of saying how great it'd be on a forum but it never actually getting off the ground :).
    Weekends are good for me, as are certain evenings.
    I'm in Acocks green and do not drive, but will gladly take public transport to where we're headed, unless someone happens to be coming through that direction (appreciation of a lift expressed in beer and other such :).)
    Would love to do this. Maybe a Whatsapp group could be set up with those who are seriously interested? Otherwise we fall into the trap of saying how great it'd be on a forum but it never actually getting off the ground :).
    Weekends are good for me, as are certain evenings.
    I'm in Acocks green and do not drive, but will gladly take public transport to where we're headed, unless someone happens to be coming through that direction (appreciation of a lift expressed in beer and other such :).)
    Good idea - if your happy drop me a message with your number and I'll set up a WhatsApp group
  • Well this died quickly - got 2 others in WhatsApp group, no one else interested?
  • I'm definitely still interested but I'm already in the WhatsApp group :) although I feel I killed that chat with my piano related answer so I apologise for that..
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic