SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: Wharfedale TCT50 Full 6L6 Valve Head - Steve Grindrod Marshall Plexi Style - NW, England - £170

GraewoodGraewood Frets: 0
edited July 2016 in Amps £
Hey guys, first post, hopefully I'm not breaking any rules or anything!

Looking to sell my Wharfedale TCT50 Guitar head.

This amp head was a complete gamble purchase but is far more versatile than I need.

Made by Steve Grindrod who designed some of the most famous VOX and Marshall amps I believe

Since been rebranded to be called Albion
It's the most sensitive amp I've used, the eq actually works, and there's all sorts of extra variety in there I don't use. It takes some twiddling, but sounds incredible. Its top quality. They sold for about £800  when they were available.

It's also heavy
Also, I'm lazy.
You see my problem.

The mega selling points -
- it sounds gorgeous
- fully tube
- 50 watt, can be switched down to 33% power for bedroom fun
- Channel one and two can both be run at the same time
That's right, RUN DISTORTION AND CLEAN AT THE SAME TIME

2 Channels - one is clean to crunch the other is screaming hi-gain lead with separate gain and presence controls. 

Spring Reverb sounds lush. 

Phase Switch

Cons -
It's heavy and I'm lazy.
I only really need a single clean channel nowadays, so this offers far too much tweakability than I'm ever gonna use.

COME TRY IT

Had a horrid suede brown/grey front panel with the brand on. Removed to show wood underneath, now looks better. Still have panel if anyone wants to reattach it.

Up for trades. Throw me some offers.

Looking for £170
(JET CITY NOT INCLUDED)

Collection/swap in Liverpool, UK. May be able to drive nearby for a few extra quid in petrol.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom