Anyone know any amp techs nr north Lincolnshire/ Doncaster?

What's Hot
xHymnalxHymnal Frets: 255
Following on from my previous thread of woe does anyone know a good tech in north lincs/ doncaster? 

Thanks! :) 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Hi mate, I always use Mike at Electro music in Doncaster or a guy in Pontefract if you can get there. Cheers Rich
  • Dave Roswell is near Pontefract I believe. Mac amps on Leeds, HiQ in Lincoln used to do repairs.
  • SimpleSimonSimpleSimon Frets: 1025
    edited January 2014
    If you can get a little further (to Sheffield) then Pete Hartley is your man.....http://www.hartleyelectricmusic.co.uk/about-us.html real old school mad genius type!

• I didn't know Pete was still going! There are legendary tales of his rock and roll excess. I remember the Hartley-Thompson amp they made for Holdsworth. Pete Thompson is now r&d at Celestion, designed the Gold and cream backs etc.
  • xHymnalxHymnal Frets: 255
    Hi mate, I always use Mike at Electro music in Doncaster or a guy in Pontefract if you can get there. Cheers Rich
    I'm thinking of taking it to electro; how reasonable are their prices? They're pretty steep for guitar based jobs iifc.
  • Really cheap for amp work. I have never had anything done which has cost over £30.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SimpleSimonSimpleSimon Frets: 1025
    edited January 2014
    I didn't know Pete was still going! There are legendary tales of his rock and roll excess. I remember the Hartley-Thompson amp they made for Holdsworth. Pete Thompson is now r&d at Celestion, designed the Gold and cream backs etc.
    <br/ Hes definately got a lived in look about him! But boy does he know his onions!

• Dave at Rosewell amps is good, he's at carcroft.