SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

wtb analog man kot

What's Hot
TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7868
What have you got?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10343
    How is the no gas challenge going?
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 10105
    edited August 2016
    How is the no gas challenge going?
    Nice :)
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7868
    Really well.

In terms of epic fail. 
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10343
    same as that mate...

Back on the wagon for now. Definitely dont want a guitar or amp but I just love the (generally) cheap accessible joy of pedals. 
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 23195
    I've bought more pairs of socks than pedals this year. This makes me sad :(

To be fair. Although I've been buying stuff I've sold alot more than I've bought. Helix has pretty much made my pedal collection redundant so what's left of it has gone or is going. 

Kot I want to try just to see if all the hype really is true or if it's more of the same old..
    KOT really works best with the amp cooking (or louder)... Like gold dust, ive been after one for a while, so took the plunge;

• Pm's
    Cheers @BusterCrabb replied.

@wazmeister that's why I'm interested.  I'm very much a player that goes for on the edge breakup on cleans through to a cooking amp... by all accounts Kot would fit my needs to a tee.

Which version have you got?
    @Teetonetal - its the v4, high gain on the red side mate.

It's on its way to me :)
    @Wazmeister Cool, would be very interested to know what you think of it. 
    I actually owned one twice before mate... The main problem with the KOT is that when you first plug it in, it's a bit "hmmm, it's a bit underwhelming..." It is NOT an in-yer-face overdrive pedal, but when you adapt to your sound, your amp, it comes to life. The 'That Pedal Show' vids which we've all seen, capture the strengths of it.
    hmm, it's interesting me - does it respond better to certain types of amp? I will check out the That pedal show vid. I know Dan is a huge fan of them.
    It apparently works well with ALL amps
  • koss59koss59 Frets: 888
    It's worked well with all amps I've ever tried but only really at volume. Because it doesn't have that mid hump, at low volumes it can sound a bit bright and thin. But in a band context I've not found better.
    Facebook.com/nashvillesounduk/