SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Drummer wanted

What's Hot
RedRabbitRedRabbit Frets: 483
edited January 2014 in Personnel
Long shot on a guitarist forum I know but people seem to know people...

We are a Stockport based rock, blues and pop covers band with the occasional original number thrown in.  Prior to our previous drummer leaving due to personal issues we were on the verge of looking for gigs having just had a well received booking at a pub christmas party.

Current line up is:

Female vocalist (with some rhythm guitar work)
Male vocalist/bass player
Guitarist (me!)

While we are hoping to get some gigs when we have found a new drummer I think it's important to point out that we mainly do this for fun so, at the moment, any gig (paying or otherwise) is considered a bonus.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3841
    Am I missing something, here,,,?
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• supessupes Frets: 179
    Am guessing it's the same mistake i always make. You're browsing classifieds, start a new post, but unless you choose the category (which i forget to do everytime) your post ends up in Guitar. Like this drummer wanted ad. Of course when its moved our posts will seem a bit daft.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • usedtobe said:
    Nope.
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    usedtobe said:
    a drummerist?

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16253
    On MR if there was ever a drummist needed the suggestion ( from the drummers on there) was usually to look on mikedolbear as the most active UK drum forum.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3841
    supes said:
    Am guessing it's the same mistake i always make. You're browsing classifieds, start a new post, but unless you choose the category (which i forget to do everytime) your post ends up in Guitar. Like this drummer wanted ad. Of course when its moved our posts will seem a bit daft.
    Tbh, I'm as guilty of this as anyone!  :)>-
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• RedRabbitRedRabbit Frets: 483
    Don't know what you are all on about :|

Cheers fro the heads up on mikedolbear @EricTheWeary. ; I'll give it a shot.
  • Also try local drum teachers. They may have a competent student who is looking for a band. Worked well for me in the past.
  • RedRabbitRedRabbit Frets: 483
    I'd considered that but though it might be considered "a bit off".  I guess no harm can come from it though.
  • It shouldn't be a problem. Just tell him/her about your band and ask if there are any students he thinks might wish to jump in, at least for a jam.
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30826
    Re the OP, can we amend to 'Drummer required'?

Drummers are rarely actually wanted by the band; we just require them.

;)

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• johnnyurqjohnnyurq Frets: 1368
    Oh I disagree I have seen drummers wanted on many a warrant for arrest. (not really drummers only jesting...or am I)
    :D
  • What an odd little (but not unwelcome) bump!

Our old drummer was very much wanted.  He was a great addition to the band and a good mate.  It's just a shame his personal life was at odds with band life.  I'm hoping that we find someone of the same ilk.
  • johnnyurqjohnnyurq Frets: 1368
    Only joshing dude and I couldn't resist the drummer cheap shot.

I think @EricThevWeary has it spot on wiht yonder forum, plus the drum teacher suggestion is a good thinking outside the box suggestion.

Good luck mate.
  • I've tried talking to musical teachers before when I've needed band folk - the problem is that you always get the ones they think need some experience, with the usual result that they haven't got a clue how to behave in a professional setting (or are broken in some other irritating way) and generally piss you off.

My brother hangs out on mikedolbear.com, though, and says it's a great place to find a good drummer; the only problem is that there aren't a huge number of members (it's nowhere near as active as this place), so finding a good drummer who's geographically practical can be somewhat problematic.
    <space for hire>