Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Singers who aged well vocally

What's Hot

Comments

• Superb singing when I saw him a few months ago.  

Robert Cray is as good as or better than ever. Start at 10:30 for the full effect!

Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • vizviz Frets: 10682
    ICBM said:
    Robbie Williams
    Definitely. 
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • Morrissey. Actually SINGS these days, unlike his Smiths yelping.

• equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6099
    Mr Doug Pinnick can do no wrong in my book. A great rock bass-player and just one of the best vocalists there's ever been... Listen to the last couple of minutes of 'Far Far Away' by King's X for a feckin' mind blowing example.  His range has dropped over the years but he still sounds, and looks, great.
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Weller.
    Previously known as stevebrum
  • Mr Tyler has not long made a country album. I haven't heard any of it  but it seems to be getting an equally poor reaction from country fans as his rock fans so may not have been his best ever idea. 

Paul Rodgers' voice is out of this world. Always looks totally effortless as well. Bastard!

He may look like your grandad in drag these days, but Steven Tyler's voice is still pretty good, although I haven't seen anything super-recent, but unless his voice has tailed off in the last 5 years...?

Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • I saw Squeeze recently and that Tilbrook chap sounds much the same as he did 30 years ago
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • woodywoody Frets: 74
    Glenn hughes  sounds pretty good to me.
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10398
    Dave Meniketti from Y & T is still insanely good live, the power, the range and he must be 65!!
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3305
    Steve Overland of FM
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33783
    Devin Townsend sounds better than ever.
  • VaiaiVaiai Frets: 530
    Dug for sure - King's X are still touring too and he's incredible. Danny Vaughan from Tyketto is still cracking and not tuning down either :) But best of all is Ann Wilson. Oh my - stunning - Nancy's singing is still fantastic too.
  • octatonic said:

I was going to say that but I'm trying not to make all my posts be about him. :D
    I'm just a Maserati in a world of Kias.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonic said:

I was going to say that but I'm trying not to make all my posts be about him. :D
    Absolutely but he's in his mid 40s so it will be interesting to see what he's doing in 10-15 years time.  
  • BidleyBidley Frets: 2926
    crunchman said:
    Bidley said:
    I don't really get the Bruce love recently... He gets more nasal with each passing year.

Paul Rodgers has aged really well in pretty much every way. He's more than twice my age and in better shape than me.
    He's had quite a lot of "work" done.

To be fair he's also lost weight and looked after himself well in recent years.  Go on Youtube and find footage of him from Guitar Legends Seville 92.  He didn't look quite so good then - although he did look a lot more natural.
    To be fair I half-heartedly googled "Paul Rodgers surgery" when I posted the above. Nothing came up but it definitely makes sense.

He still sounds great considering he's about 300 years old though.
  • Ronnie James Dio sounded consistently good throughout his career.  I have a lot of Dio, Black Sabbath, and Heaven & Hell bootlegs and he doesn't sound bad on any of them. 

• Bidley said:

To be fair I half-heartedly googled "Paul Rodgers surgery" when I posted the above. Nothing came up but it definitely makes sense.

I think less formal/airbrushed photos of him look like a fairly convincing 66

He does look like a bloke who looks after himself though.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• Tom Jones. 
    To be fair he started off with about 800hp worth of vocal power which was a nice head start, but from what I've heard recently he's still sounding good
    Have you heard any of his recent albums with Ethan Johns? He's sort of "done a Johnny Cash". They're quite good.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• regarding Bruce Dickinson, have a listen back to Live After Death and compare it with the live album that accompanies the Flight 666 film. For my money, the latter shows his voice to be in superior form.

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22739
    Bidley said:
    crunchman said:
    Bidley said:
    I don't really get the Bruce love recently... He gets more nasal with each passing year.

Paul Rodgers has aged really well in pretty much every way. He's more than twice my age and in better shape than me.
    He's had quite a lot of "work" done.

To be fair he's also lost weight and looked after himself well in recent years.  Go on Youtube and find footage of him from Guitar Legends Seville 92.  He didn't look quite so good then - although he did look a lot more natural.

He's definitely had "something" done to his hair, he was very thin on top decades ago.  Other than that, though, he looks like he works out and generally takes care of himself, so credit to the old boy.