Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Apple AirPods

What's Hot

Comments

• DanRDanR Frets: 1041
    How many people charge there phone and use headphones at the same time?

The only time I can see that happening is at home, but I'd be using my stereo or if I was using my iPhone for music it would be via Bluetooth to my stereo.

Is it really a problem for so many people?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27342
    I'm not an Apple-ist, so it's not a problem that I need to solve.

But I still fancy a pair of these
    http://www.earin.com

And there are plenty of other options for that sort of money.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2403
    I don't own a pair but I've already lost them.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    How long until an adapter comes out that extends the length of the iPhone with a secondary battery lightning port and a headphone socket!
    I think they heard you.

Is THIS what you mean?
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16541
    DanR said:
    How many people charge there phone and use headphones at the same time?

The only time I can see that happening is at home, but I'd be using my stereo or if I was using my iPhone for music it would be via Bluetooth to my stereo.

Is it really a problem for so many people?
    I allow my team to have a single ear bud in whilst at work, as long as they answer me when I speak and do a reasonable job I am not bothered.   So this was a big deal to them
  • Alnico said:
    How long until an adapter comes out that extends the length of the iPhone with a secondary battery lightning port and a headphone socket!
    I think they heard you.

Is THIS what you mean?
    Something like that but with proper headphone jack on the top where it belongs
  • No doubt Apple will release a revolutionary upgrade to stop you losing your AirPods that no one has ever thought of before.

Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2403
    I guess it doesn't matter whether there is an headphone port there or not. Solutions have been provided for those who wish to use the headphones they already have, albeit at Apple's benefit, that is selling the lightning to headphone adapter. Whether or not people think it's a good idea, that doesn't matter either. Apple have the power and influence to initiate redesign where other manufacturers (JBL) have already got on board and continue to design and sell new products.  
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7271
    Cool idea, but I think I'll just go to the park and wait until I find a pair that someone's lost while running.
  • They're apple headphones so they'll sound shit then they'll fall out of your ears and get lost.
    I disagree, sir.

The latest versions of apple earpods (that came with my iPhone 6) are actually quite good - certainly a vast improvement on the original ones that came with my ipod all those years ago.  Now they WERE shit.
  • fnptfnpt Frets: 735
    edited September 2016
    RobDavies said:
    They're apple headphones so they'll sound shit then they'll fall out of your ears and get lost.
    I disagree, sir.

The latest versions of apple earpods (that came with my iPhone 6) are actually quite good - certainly a vast improvement on the original ones that came with my ipod all those years ago.  Now they WERE shit.
    Agreed. I run with those and not only do they sound great, they fit perfectly which was not the case indeed with previous versions.

Apple is a bit like Gibson or Mercedes or BMW, everybody loves to trash it but they're still the ones pushing innovation and design forward and the brand most people aspire to own.
    ____
    "You don't know what you've got till the whole thing's gone. The days are dark and the road is long."
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6256
    the current ear pods Apple do are crap. They really are. Yes, better than the old ones, but come one, they were truly crap. IMO they need to produce a proper audiophile headpone. Soundmagic's E10s blow Apple's buds away, and they cost less than £30. There really is no excuse for it.
  • SporkySporky Frets: 27569
    fnpt said:

Apple is a bit like Gibson or Mercedes or BMW, everybody loves to trash it but they're still the ones pushing innovation and design forward and the brand most people aspire to own.
    I have to admit, the way they take existing Android features and pretended to have invented them is quite impressive.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    edited September 2016
    Sporky said:
    fnpt said:

I have to admit, the way they take existing Android features and pretended to have invented them is quite impressive.
    Recently perhaps a bit more so. But they invented the smartphone, the tablet, the modern pc interface. I think that is a pretty good track record in innovation.
    ____
    "You don't know what you've got till the whole thing's gone. The days are dark and the road is long."
  • MkjackaryMkjackary Frets: 776
    edited September 2016
    fnpt said:
    Sporky said:
    fnpt said:

Recently perhaps a bit more so. But they invented the smartphone, the tablet, the modern pc interface. I think that is a pretty good track record in innovation.
    Actually windows made a tablet before apple and I wouldn't say it is fair to say the modern PCs interface, seeing as the modern PCs are very different from an equivalent apple product. Software wise at the very least.

Also I would refute their good record in innovation, for every successful project they have had a dozen failed ones, magic mouse, the weird cube thing. Just watch the steve jobs movie.

They aren't bad machines, they have a place, particularly in the music and production industry. And as a premium product. Their hardware/build is great, software isn't (unless you have iOS specific programme that you need).

I would argue that android have been pushing boundaries more recently, a lot of iPhone innovations were on androids years before hand, but were made popular because of how devoted the apple fanbases can be.

I'm not a McDonalds burger. It is MkJackary, not Mc'Jackary... It's Em Kay Jackary. Mkay?
  • lloydlloyd Frets: 5773
    Mkjackary said:
    fnpt said:
    Sporky said:
    fnpt said:

Also I would refute their good record in innovation, for every successful project they have had a dozen failed ones, magic mouse, the weird cube thing. Just watch the steve jobs movie.

Nah this bit's bollocks, failures aren't a negative to hold up to other successes, Messi probably doesn't score in 80%+ of his shots, still a good player.

Manchester based original indie band Random White:

https://www.facebook.com/RandomWhite

https://twitter.com/randomwhite1

edited September 2016
    I was not by any means an Apple fanboy when the ipad came out and yet I had not heard of a similar product by any other brand before it. That means that at least they did something quite different from previous attempts to succeed where other apparently failed.

The modern pc interface was created by apple, including the mouse. Windows is a later competing interface but based on Apple's principles.

As for Apple's failing other projects, of course. that's the risk of being innovators, some products catch on, others don't.
    ____
  • lloydlloyd Frets: 5773
    fnpt said:
    I was not by any means an Apple fanboy when the ipad came out and yet I had not heard of a similar product by any other brand before it. That means that at least they did something quite different from previous attempts to succeed where other apparently failed.

The modern pc interface was created by apple, including the mouse. Windows is a later competing interface but based on Apple's principles.

As for Apple's failing other projects, of course. that's the risk of being innovators, some products catch on, others don't.
    They were laughed at for the iPad-who would want a screen that just did Internet and apps....fucking idiots.

The iPad/tablet is awesome for us plebs that just want to log on to Facebook or fap, look at memes or log in here without any of the other stuff.

I have a laptop but I can't remember the last time I used it to browse, feels like using dial up.

Manchester based original indie band Random White:

https://www.facebook.com/RandomWhite

https://twitter.com/randomwhite1

• holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    fnpt said:
    Nope, Xerox Park
    My V key is broken
    holnrew said:
    fnpt said:
    Nope, Xerox Park
    Nope, the windows and mouse interface were firstly sold by Apple. First in the market. The inspiration came from parc, although their mouse was very limited and the idea had been around from at least the mid 60's. 
    ____