Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Apple AirPods

What's Hot

Comments

• TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7413
    The underlying multitouch code was developed by a team comprising Apple, Microsoft, and (someone else I forget) - an ex colleague was part of that team - the resulting code was made available to all of the parent companies. 

One we of their prototypes was a huge tv-sized thing lashed horizontally in to a wooden frame that they made using hammers and nails. I've seen the pics!
    Red ones are better. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11873
    They provide no seal, so will leak sound to your fellow passengers or people in the room and let outside noise in.  I can't imagine them being any good from an audiophile point of view.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13939
    edited March 2020
    Exhuming this thread to say that today, after more than 3 years of contemplation, I have finally opened my wallet and bought a pair of AirPod Pros. The arrived today and I love them.

The great thing with the pros is the Noise Cancellation mode...I can't hear any bleating and whining from the wife or kids, it's great.

Using Siri as well with them is easy and good. 

• TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7846
    I bought a set of AirPod Pro’s. I take back all my previous negativity, they’re pretty damn good,  haven’t used my Bose noise cancelling headphones since!
  • GulliverGulliver Frets: 848
    I'd be prepared to pony up for some Airpods if they had adjustable fit, since the regular iphone headphones they are based on don't fit in my ears securely.

I won't however pay £50 more for the basic convenience of having them actually stay in my ears...
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11873
    Gulliver said:
    I'd be prepared to pony up for some Airpods if they had adjustable fit, since the regular iphone headphones they are based on don't fit in my ears securely.

I won't however pay £50 more for the basic convenience of having them actually stay in my ears...
    Check the Oppo wireless.

No noise cancelling though.

Gulliver said:

AirPod Pros have 3 sets of ear tips S/M/L size. The mediums fitted as delivered fit my ears perfectly.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited March 2020
    I got a Nomad leather case for my AirPod Pros, it's ace.

• TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7413
    Gulliver said:

AirPod Pros have 3 sets of ear tips S/M/L size. The mediums fitted as delivered fit my ears perfectly.
    I’ve got a
    large in one and a medium in the other ha 
    Red ones are better. 
    TimmyO said:
    Gulliver said:

I’ve got a
    large in one and a medium in the other ha 
    Freak

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7141

Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway 

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4916
    They're noisy crappy things, from the point of view of the poor folks who are in the vicinity when someone is using them.
  • chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 3965
    prowla said:
    They're noisy crappy things, from the point of view of the poor folks who are in the vicinity when someone is using them.
    I don’t think I’ve ever over heard someone else’s AirPods.
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6264
    Not a fan of these. The audio quality is IMO sub par and you can get a lot better for less money or the same. 
    Way over priced. 
  • StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5844
    Snap said:
    Not a fan of these. The audio quality is IMO sub par and you can get a lot better for less money or the same. 
    Way over priced. 
    What would you recommend as an alternative? Especially as I'm android? 
    edited September 2020
    Dead Thread Redemption

I thought it worth updating on my experience with my AirPod Pros after 5 months. The left one started making a "rattling" noise when I moved my head when set on the noise cancellation mode. I had a WebChat with Apple and they went through some basic disconnect/reconnect nonsense then took a £85 payment "non return" hold on my card and sent out a new one with a prepaid UPS bag to return the faulty one, card hold was cancelled as soon as the faulty one was received back.

That was a month ago. Nw the right one has a fault, a different fault though. It distorts & crackles when I speak on calls, it's fine when listening to music or listening to call just makes a noise when I speak.

Had the same web chat with Apple and same process for a replacement due to arrive tomorrow. The cracking issue is quite common by looks of some posts on Apple forums and is speculated to be a hardware issue.

Hopefully they have fixed the issues in with new build ones.

I still love these and they are the best thing I've brought for listening to music and I listen to a lot more music since I got them.

• Dead Thread Redemption

I thought it worth updating on my experience with my AirPod Pros after 5 months. The left one started making a "rattling" noise when I moved my head when set on the noise cancellation mode. I had a WebChat with Apple and they went through some basic disconnect/reconnect nonsense then took a £85 payment "non return" hold on my card and sent out a new one with a prepaid UPS bag to return the faulty one, card hold was cancelled as soon as the faulty one was received back.

That was a month ago. Nw the right one has a fault, a different fault though. It distorts & crackles when I speak on calls, it's fine when listening to music or listening to call just makes a noise when I speak.

Had the same web chat with Apple and same process for a replacement due to arrive tomorrow. The cracking issue is quite common by looks of some posts on Apple forums and is speculated to be a hardware issue.

I still love these and they are the best thing I've brought for listening to music and I listen to a lot more music since I got them.
    Mine kept not charging they took a 140 deposit and sent 2 new ones. I love them too but they are clearly disposable crap 
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6793
    Dead Thread Redemption

So both have failed inside 5 months?!? That’s crap, how long is the warranty? 
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • mrkb said:
    Dead Thread Redemption

So both have failed inside 5 months?!? That’s crap, how long is the warranty? 
    Not failed, developed some issues. 12 months warranty I believe

• JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8794
    edited September 2020
    The fair Mrs Moans insists on using hers when telephoning whilst roaming the mean streets of N. London, and as her interlocutor I both loathe and revere the things: on the one hand, I can barely make out one word in three.  On the other, well...
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer