Mikael Åkerfeldt's record collection

Someone on RYM is compiling a list of every album Mikael Åkerfeldt mentions in an interview or anywhere else online.  It's nice to read through and maybe discover some new stuff.

http://rateyourmusic.com/list/adnew/akerfeldt_record_collection/
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• They only have 350, when I saw them play in london on the heritage tour he listed more than 350 obscure prog records from the 70s in between 2 of the songs when he went on a long and very tedious ramble about his record collection.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • They only have 350, when I saw them play in london on the heritage tour he listed more than 350 obscure prog records from the 70s in between 2 of the songs when he went on a long and very tedious ramble about his record collection.
    Are you takin the piss bro?
  • No Tom Waits FAIL
  • No Tom Waits FAIL
    That's 'cos he has good taste.  
  • Seriously though, I discovered loads of band from that list.  Landberk are well worth checking out.  
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22778
    I've got a lot more in common with this list than I have with the Rolling Stone Top 500 discussed the other day, that's for sure.  Still a few things I've never heard of though.
    Are you takin the piss bro?
    Not by much.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • Philly_Q said:
    I've got a lot more in common with this list than I have with the Rolling Stone Top 500 discussed the other day, that's for sure.  Still a few things I've never heard of though.
    Yeah some of the bands are pretty obscure and extremely hard to find even on YT.
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 4999
    Get yourselves over to the Day After The Sabbath blog or facebook group. Rich has found so much great stuff. 

Odd that they only have Hysteria on their. Pretty sure he prefers the first two. 
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 4999
    I get the feeling he was another one reading the thanks lists on Cathedral albums.