Fuzz Dog Pedal Parts The Verb - Box of Hall reverb

Has anyone else built one of these? 

Mine makes a pulsing sound all the time and the depth control seems to be the wrong value. It needs to be virtually off to give an anything like useable amount of reverb.

Also, the pedal seems to boost the level quite a lot, and also makes the sound brighter. I quite like this aspect of it but would like to know how and why it's doing it. 

Here's a link to it.

http://pedalparts.co.uk/docs/Verb-V2.pdf
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3421
    Did you buy the kit or source the parts yourself? 
  • I sourced the parts myself.
  • Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3421
    Did you make any substitutions from the build doc?  Your best bet is probably going to be an audio probe to narrrow down where some of the weirdness is coming from.  

You mention the depth control seems to be the wrong value what did you use?
  • No - as far as I'm aware I used the suggested values. I have since checked but maybe I missed something. 

I'll check it again tomorrow.

Do do you have one of these pedals?
  • What brick did you use? The long brick has a noticeable modulation on it, which may be the pulsing noise you mentioned.
     Do you have the right taper pot for the depth control? If you have a log/audio taper pot in there it may well act as you describe.
    The original part values shown in blue will give a darker sound. Playing around with the values of R6 and R11 should change the output level. I'd try R11 first.
     Otherwise, it's probably worth checking for correct values, shorts, dry joints, that sort of thing, though you probably know that already!
    My wife asked me to stop singing Wonderwall.
    I said maybe.....
  • I think you've nailed it. The pots are audio track from memory. I'll order some linear replacements.