The Homebrew Pedalboard Thread

What's Hot
dindudedindude Frets: 8617
edited January 2014 in FX
I had a bit of a "fuck-it why not" moment last weekend. Let me explain.

I built a tiny pedalboard (fits in a laptop case) about three years ago (see below pic), and it's done me well in controlling the amount of pedals I own at one time, although not so good for the turn-over aspect! 

So last weekend as I contemplated a phaser pedal again (I've flip-flopped between phase and trem in the "mod" slot), and looked at my off-board Blackstar that I use for high-gain times, I thought, why the hell don't I just have what I want on one board, I am an adult after all.

Within 10 minutes I was planning a new board and I thought I would document it in a thread.

Let me make one big caveat - this isn't complex, this is for all those who look at ICBM's amp knowledge or Wezv's guitar building skills with total awe. This is for those who finding changing a pickup without leaving solder scars on the guitars' finish a challenge, because that's me, and that's why I haven't been so bold to put it in making and modding!

Why make one and not just buy a pedaltrain I hear you shout? Good question, it's just more fun and I like the bespoke aspect of the finished article.

You can see from the first pic I've had a few new toys delivered over the last few days, the idea is that I will create a board big enough to accommodate the phase 90 in the front row, add the bogner to the back row alongside the delay on a raised platform, and also upgrade the power supply to the Cioks which has a few more isolation options (although the diago has been great overall and never skipped a beat).

Think I will need to lose the FuzzFace along the way as I rarely use it (like a Wah, I like the idea but can't get anything good out if it myself). 

The starting point is the case I've bought from Maplins (£38 see second pic), I will build it to this size, it is ever so slightly smaller than a pedaltrain jr, my target price for the case and board materials is also to come in under the cost of a PT jr, soft case version (so about £85). It's still going to be a very tight squeeze so hope I've got my measurements right.

Right, off to Wickes in a minute.................

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments