My old board

mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

From a couple of years ago.

All I have left is 1 DD-6, MXR Zakk Wylde, the tuner and the Marshall channel (ok changed for a new one) and the reverb switch.........

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

My current board - home use only.......

photo DSCF0942_zps3e741054.jpg

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    An old one of mine, only the Micro Pog remains http://imageshack.us/a/img202/3912/l90m.jpg
  • ChrisMusicChrisMusic Frets: 1133
    Hey Mike, why the move from a largely Boss based board to a largely MXR based one ?
    How good is that routing system you've got there?
    Cheers, Chris.

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 28678
    edited January 2014
    That was me, 3 years ago or so:

and 18 months ago:

And, from the dark depths of my photobucket, circa Christmas 2006

I'm now running a PT Jr with the Rat, Hotcake and M9 as standard, others as I need. Though more often I'm running through a couple of single dirt pedals on the floor into an amp.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    Hey Mike, why the move from a largely Boss based board to a largely MXR based one ?
    How good is that routing system you've got there?
    Cheers, Chris.

I prefer the sounds from the MXR's, and their comparative simplicity (IE 1 knob chorus, over 4....)

I like the switcher unit, although it could easily be overkill. It means I can switch from a clean, delayed, chorused sound to a distorted, phased (for example) by pressing 1 switch, rather than tap-dancing. To be fair, if the board wasn't so big, I'd happily gig it (if I was in a band)

FWIW I've lifted the other pedals up by 65mm to allow the majority of the wiring to be away from my size 11's.....

• ChrisMusicChrisMusic Frets: 1133
    Thanks for the info Mike   :)

• ThePrettyDamnedThePrettyDamned Frets: 7559
    edited January 2014
    Mike, that axle grease delay is one of my favourite sounding delay pedals I've ever heard. I use a tc nova repeater now, but that was really the best I'd heard. Kinda jealous.

Just saying.

Dist iii is another favourite of mine, actually, works amazing into a Marshall drive channel, more so than a tubescreamer in my opinion.

Basically, gimme your board. :)

What's the boss mega distortion like? I'm probably going to get a turbo distortion for 'that' frusciante tone (intro solo to slane castle), but I'd be interested to know what that's like...

The Megadistortion has too much gain for any sane person, a bit fizzy, but I use it for muting practice.

Give us a shout if you'd like to try it.

• vizviz Frets: 11023
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    How do you like the BH wah? I had one and didn't like the sweep, or the general sounds. Donated it to MentalBird (an old colleague) after she started guitaring. She loves it.

Love it, the problem I had with it before was just due to a weak power supply. I love the fact that it's sprung and has auto-off; I couldn't play any other wah now.
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    viz said:
    Love it, the problem I had with it before was just due to a weak power supply. I love the fact that it's sprung and has auto-off; I couldn't play any other wah now.

I'll lend you my Weeping demon for a weekend, see how you get on with that - I much prefer that to the BH..

Ooh that's nice of you, could be interesting. :)
    viz said:
    Ooh that's nice of you, could be interesting. :)
    Oh yes indeed. Most versatile wah it is. Easy to set, for me set everything neutral, unless its with a Strat, when I use extra low-end on it.

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 18303
    tFB Trader
    The Demon is a fantastic pedal. 
    I think you'll love it viz. 
    Awse.

I'll drop it round sometime, let you have a play with it.

I'd almost put money on it that you'll want one........

• d8md8m Frets: 2434
    Nice to see the progression in people's boards in this thread.

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 18303
    tFB Trader
    My boards since I got back into live guitar

MK1 Board 
    http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b197/monquixote/DSC_0269.jpg
    Loved the demon, but it was stupidly big. 
    The super comp annoyed me by clipping
    Full Drive was great can't remember why I sold it :D

MK2 Board
    Perfect wah (CAE) and OD (Liquid sunshine) obtained
    Sold the Fuzz Face because it didn't have enough level without realising they are all like that. 
    Tube Dist didn't really do it for me.
    Nova Mod sounded great, but was confusing to use. 
    Memory Boy was a gift and I was stupid to sell it as it has really lush mod. 

MK3 Board
    All mods and delays from the G3 great, but why no patch switching!
    OD pedal is a Prince of Tone which was ace, but not gainey enough

MK4 Board
    Enter the SP another perfect pedal. 
    Volume pedals aren't for me 
    Crunchbox was good, but didn't stick around. 
    Mooer chorus has been on and off the board. 

MK5 Board 
    G3 gone because of silly patch switching
    Flint One more perfect pedal! 
    Shredmaster is great, but might get replaced 
    HandsomeRik Saphire Delay - I like, but may not keep as I want something with Mod.

@Monquixote

If you'd like to try the Axle Grease delay over a weekend give me a shout. It does some modulation stuff.....