SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB - Kingsley Jester

What's Hot
This is my first post and I'm glad I found this site. 

Im looking to take the plunge and order and Kingsley Jester but what with the exchange rate, posting from Canada and customs I thought I'd see if anyone is selling one within the U.K. Second hand. It's a long shot but worth the post. 

Also interested in older versions of the pedal and others from Simons range. Budget up to £250 but this is subject to what's on offer. Could be more, might be less. 

Cheers
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• StrummyBrummieStrummyBrummie Frets: 269
    edited September 2016
    A fine pedal. There have been one or two on here fairly recently. Hopefully there will be another soon. You might want to message @Gassage, he's had one for several weeks now, so it's bound to be for sale at any moment.   
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • pj310pj310 Frets: 41
    If I recall correctly @TubeGuy is selling one, and rest assured he is a lovely chap to deal with, just bought a pedal off him very recently myself :)
    Oh and welcome aboard!
  • GassageGassage Frets: 31591
    A fine pedal. There have been one or two on here fairly recently. Hopefully there will be another soon. You might want to message @Gassage, he's had one for several weeks now, so it's bound to be for sale at any moment.   
    Not going anywhere- stunning thing.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Gassage said:
    Not going anywhere- stunning thing.
    I still plan on getting a V2 to replace the V1 that I sold. 
  • Thanks you all for the replies. It's very helpful guys. Just received an email from Kingsley saying there's a 14 week waiting list. Sad times. Let me know if you change your mind Gassage. 
  • lukedlblukedlb Frets: 490
    Thanks you all for the replies. It's very helpful guys. Just received an email from Kingsley saying there's a 14 week waiting list. Sad times. Let me know if you change your mind Gassage. 
    14 week? Wow, that's great news for someone who clearly deserves the work. My jester is snuggling into his spot on my board just down from the bard. The mid boost on the jester is the same as the boost on the bard. I drove the bard hard with a compressor to achieve tones similar to what I imagine the page produces. Great stuff. 
  • Some heavily made up circus performer is selling a V1 on eBay. He only after £300, and it ships from Athens! 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I can get a version 2 from Simon delivered for £300. I'm not in too much of a rush to pay £300 for a V1.  I like the smaller sized version 2 but would happily get a V1 at the right price. 
    Thanks for looking that up and letting me know. Really loving this form and all the help I've received. Guitar players sure know how to look after each other :-) 
    @StrummyBrummie ;
  • StrummyBrummieStrummyBrummie Frets: 269
    edited September 2016
    I can get a version 2 from Simon delivered for £300. I'm not in too much of a rush to pay £300 for a V1.  I like the smaller sized version 2 but would happily get a V1 at the right price. 
    Thanks for looking that up and letting me know. Really loving this form and all the help I've received. Guitar players sure know how to look after each other :-) 
    @StrummyBrummie ;;;
    I wasn't seriously suggesting that you pay £300 for a V1. That's an outrageous price, double what I've seen them go for in fact,  & you'd still have the hassle of international shipping. I know I called him a clown, but in his defence it does say best offer. Offer him £170. He can only tell you to F off.    
  • Actually I wouldn't bother, he's being monkeying around with a resistor (under Simon Kingsley's direction apparently) to reduce the treble response, unless of course you are OK with that kind of scary techy stuff. 
  • Actually I wouldn't bother, he's being monkeying around with a resistor (under Simon Kingsley's direction apparently) to reduce the treble response, unless of course you are OK with that kind of scary techy stuff. 
    Sweet heads up. No into this treble response crap. ,EQ it right and let the hands to the talking.
  • Bump. 
  • thomasw88thomasw88 Frets: 2374
    I sold mine, replaced it with a thorpy gunshot and used that with a boo boost or Klon clone.

then sold the gunshot and replaced it with a nobels od-1r..

I prefer the nobels to both those pedals personally.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • thomasw88 said:
    I sold mine, replaced it with a thorpy gunshot and used that with a boo boost or Klon clone.

then sold the gunshot and replaced it with a nobels od-1r..

I prefer the nobels to both those pedals personally.
    I came to the same conclusion and it only cost £40!
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • JohnPerryJohnPerry Frets: 1641
    not sure how you can compare an ODR1 with a Jester. Totally different creatures and I speak as someone has owned them both, twice

• thomasw88thomasw88 Frets: 2374
    JohnPerry said:
    not sure how you can compare an ODR1 with a Jester. Totally different creatures and I speak as someone has owned them both, twice

you can compare them in how you find they work with your guitar/amp and pedals..     anyway apologies for hijacking the OP's thread.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom