SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB Mustang pickup covers

JD50JD50 Frets: 670
Hi folks, I need a pair of off white/ cream / Vintage pickup covers for my Mustang. Long shot but thought somebody might have a set in the parts drawer. Thanks
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• WezVWezV Frets: 17495

I have some brand new white ones - but I can offer them aged.   they don't have the translucency of originals but  look pretty good in situ

• JD50JD50 Frets: 670
    Brilliant, yes please! My Mustang is a 74 hence the need for old/aged, would look odd with shiny white and rusting hard wear. Shall I PPG?
    Let me just check I still have them, I think I bought 2 sets of 3 so should definitely have a pair at least.  
    hmm.  I definitely have an unopened pack of 3 somewhere, but damned if I can find them.

I have found the one spare one from the first pack

The white are currently out of stock at allparts UK, but they are in stock on the american site so would not take long to order in and relic

wd music have them in black but not white :?

anyway, i will have another look in a few other hiding places, but if i can't find a second one I would need to order some in to age and it might mean its a couple of weeks to get them done
  • If you do have a spare odd one @WezV please let me know as this looks much, much better than the age-ing job I did for my Musicmaster.
    Everywhere I have checked online either has black or white, I'm sure Fender used to sell reliced/cream covers.
    @Wezv had any joy locating the covers? If not I may get some white ones and have a go at ageing them to a cream colour. Cheers

nah, I have one but not a pair.

here is the thread were I cover my method

http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/36718/fake-dirt-and-ageing-plastics-a-bit-of-metal

I am happy to order some in and do some more if anyone want - just PM me requirements

PM'd