SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SORTED Chrono Delay or DMM

What's Hot
pj310pj310 Frets: 41
edited October 2016 in FX £
Hi all, got a potential buyer for my DD-2 which would free up some funds for another delay, so wanted to ask if anyone has either of the above they might consider moving on? 

For the Deluxe Memory Man, looking for the 2 chip big box version with wall wart. Thanks!

P.S. Please don't start a hate crew on the above, I admit I have certain collector-like tendencies...
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ;-)
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • pj310pj310 Frets: 41
    ;-)
    Ahaha I read your post a few days ago and was actually petrified about posting this!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Why two chip and not four chip? 

Why two chip and not four chip? 
    From what I understand it's harder to calibrate the 4 chips to make it sound 'legit'
  • I've done it with several and no oscilloscope. It's nowhere near as difficult as I thought it would be. This proved to be a good resource on doing it: 

http://www.davidmorrin.com/home/trouble/troubleeffects/electro-harmonix-memory-man

I wasn't sure if you were after the two-chip for sonic qualities. I'm well into double figures for DMMs to come through my hands and found that the two-chip MN3005 ones were generally a bit darker than the four chip MN3008. However the overriding impression was that it's variable. The very best DMM I had now lives in France, the owner loves it. It was quite noisy but the modulation was simply sublime. 

• pj310 said:
    ;-)
    Ahaha I read your post a few days ago and was actually petrified about posting this!
    Mate, I'm horrified that my post made you feel like that. I apologise. It was more aimed at those who constantly name drop the big box as the analog delay equivalent of the Holy Grail, when (to my ears, obviously), it sounds the same as the XO. It was never aimed at those who collect and like to own what people consider to be the best incarnation...there's absolutely nothing wrong with that! Good luck with your search, it's an incredible pedal and you'll love it! :-)
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
    pj310 said:
    ;-)
    Mate, I'm horrified that my post made you feel like that. I apologise. It was more aimed at those who constantly name drop the big box as the analog delay equivalent of the Holy Grail, when (to my ears, obviously), it sounds the same as the XO. It was never aimed at those who collect and like to own what people consider to be the best incarnation...there's absolutely nothing wrong with that! Good luck with your search, it's an incredible pedal and you'll love it! :-)
    Ah not at all mate, I tend to speak in hyperbole haha. 

Thank you, although if I don't find one I can always reallocate the funds to your Fire Bottle! That's definitely tickled the gas ;)
    Chrono found!